Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone riding a Canfield Bros Nimble 9 2 ?
  • noltae
    Free Member

Thinking of ‘upgrading’ my ss inbred 29er size 16 – it rides great and that’s perhaps why I’m on the fence as to wheather the N92 will ride that much sweeter – what do folks think ? I heard the N92 feels quite stiff for a Cro-Mo .. My main type of riding is local trails pump tracks and the occasional trail centre – I only have one bike and have been known to do the odd two day bike backing trip never going to ride more than 50 miles in a day .. Part of me thinks the the Canfield is more of an object of desire than a genuinely significant improvement in the saddle ….As many have said inbreds are mentally good value fun rides … It jumps pretty damn well – which is meant to be the N92’s forte – dilemmas dilemmas ….. In my head I’m still a 15 year old Bmx racer 🙂

singlecrack
    Free Member

I’ve the Nimble 9 ….it’s very very good …..I had a Yelli Screamy as well but only seamed to rise the Nimble 9 as it was SS
    I’d def get another
    If your in Somerset you are welcome to have a spin …it’s a 16″ as well

Oh and yes it will ride much better than the On-One

mattjg
    Free Member

I like my Yelli, I run it SS a lot, would happily jump on an N9 if I could swallow the price.

A couple of my ride buddies are on 29er Inbreds, they ride them good. I’d say the Yelli (same geo as N9) is more playful, I find it fun and forgiving. The Inbred is more of an XC charger.

No bad decision here I feel.

noltae
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer of the test ride – if ever Im down that way I’ll message you – £800 is alot for off the peg steel but man if those N9’s ride half as good as they look then maybe it’ll be a bargin ….

mattjg
    Free Member

Canfield have an importer in Germany who may be able to save you a few quid. My Yelli came from there tho I bought it used.

Remember not to confuse price with value.

I’ve seen a few Yellis about, owners tend to chat like some kind of odd classic car brotherhood, but I’ve never seen an N9 in the flesh.

Keep us updated!

singlecrack
    Free Member

Untitled by jerrypc69, on Flickr
    Not the best picture…
    Untitled by jerrypc69, on Flickr
    Ran it fully rigid for a time ..

mattjg
    Free Member

Good looking bike, may have seen it in a for sale and once or twice!

mattjg
    Free Member

maybe I should get one myself, the UK market for Nimble has has just doubled!

singlecrack
    Free Member

Don’t think this one was for sale Matt….the Yelli was in the classifieds

mattjg
    Free Member

ah ok, could be. someone has tried to sell an N9 a couple of times.

mattjg
    Free Member

bugger now I’m looking at the Canfield site and playing the promo vid.

it’s a good job they’re so expensive.

singlecrack
    Free Member

If you see one grab it …you’ll sell the Yelli then

noltae
    Free Member

Im lovimg the pics ! Looking really lush in black – August is my Birthday so im going to ride the hell out of the inbred all summer and … Damn I think this thread just made up my mind ! Nimble 9 hear we come …
    Thanks for German distribution tip ….. I’m liking the forest green

mattjg
    Free Member

black or chrome surely

I tend to go for black as I am inept at colour matching, and I think a muddy black mountain bike just looks proper.

which gives me the chance for a gratuitous, off topic, pic links.

you’ll probably ask me about the apparent “magic ratio”, I think it was on 34:19 with a slightly worn chain and it was a bit tight, not really viable.

if you want to try for fit, as it’s same geo as the N9, it’s a medium and I’m in Surrey.

mattjg
    Free Member

also @op, for the purpose of your sanity, please don’t look up “Chromag Surface”

noltae
    Free Member

Wasn’t aware of that Cromag Surface – looks insanely sweet ! Although the vertical dropouts would rule it out for my next purchase – as I’ll still be going SS the slider dropouts on the N92 will be more for me ….. Not that I ever had a bike with sliders – I’d be content with horizontal dropouts just like my inbred – clean and simple – never had an issue loosing chain tension .. if I ever pulled the trigger on a custom I’d go for horizontal dropouts …

mattjg
    Free Member

There’s no need to let drop out restrict frame choice for SS. I run a Surly Singleator tensioner on my Yelli – it works fine, I have no awareness of it when riding.

Gotama
    Free Member

Since you’re planning to spend a fair bit then you should probably have a look at the 2 Souls Quarterhorse as well. Fantastic looking frames imo and by all accounts ride superbly well. It’s got sliders as well for singlespeed.

mattjg
    Free Member

good point. & the Niner SIR9 for something less trailsy.

oxym0r0n

Or Niner ROS9 for more hardcore

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riding a Canfield Bros Nimble 9 2 ?’ is closed to new replies.