Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Skoda Roomster?
  • mudshark
    Free Member

I have the 105bhp petrol which feels more powerful than I really need – but happy as the extra cost wasn’t much more really when I bought. Torque is very good so no need for diesel for most driving IMO. I was really keen on getting a car that I enjoyed driving which is a big part of the Roomster’s appeal compared to some of the other options.

ninfan
    Free Member

Hahaha – I think this settles it:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cy3gKwirLk[/video]

Now, got to get some MDF and a jigsaw for the improvised MTB’ers version 😀

SammyC
    Free Member

You’ll notice they never actually show you the car in that video though 😉

We’ve moved on to looking at the new Ford C-Max as that comes in a 7 seat version for good rear leg room with good boot storage.

mattsccm
    Free Member

It will be hideously slow 🙄
    Bet it does 70 and therefore unless you spend most of your driving life on the autobann’s it is fast enough.

hora
    Free Member

Doesnt look too bad in two tone grey there

MoreCashThanDash

Despite all the comments from those if us who have tried that engine in similar cars.. 😯

mudshark
    Free Member

I think he’s quoting and saying it’ll be fast enough as it does 70. Odd comment really.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Me?
    Sorry. What I meant was that UK drivers (that’s drivers in the UK)have no use for anything over 70 and am sure that it will do that.

MoreCashThanDash

Based on my experience of that engine in a Golf hire car….. I reckon it will reach 70mph!

We have the 105hp version in a Fabia, and it is distinctly light and skittish at the front – much better with winter tyres on. The 105hp version in a Beetle was one of the best cars I have driven, bizarrely. I never knew I had that deep seated desire to be a hairdresser.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Skoda Roomster?’ is closed to new replies.