Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Anyone riding a BOS Deville yet? Plus, PSA, price reduction!
  • nasher
    Free Member

we had some german journos here (italian ligurian alps) and they were doing a fork test thorogh the ranges. They had a lyrik, the new RC2 kashima float 36 and the deville.

from what they said they prefferred the stifness of the 36 but the damping and weight of the deville.

A difficult choice they said but for UK stuff with a 1 year maintenance I would go for the Deville.

pastcaring
    Free Member

the 1 year maintenance is the deal clincher for me. i’ll give roger a call in the morning 😉

pastcaring
    Free Member

just checked, only 350 g ish heavier than my rev’s.

chakaping
    Free Member

Hello Deville owners. I’m vaguely considering getting one of these to replace my 36 Talas.

If the Deville is marginally better than the 36 Float, would it be a lot better than the 36 Talas? I’ve only ever tried an old 36 Float briefly so am going on what the mags say.

I like the composure of a well-damped fork – but I also really like the magic-carpet floatyness and power-steering stiffness of the 36. The Dirt 100 entry indicates the Deville may give away some comfort to the 36. Would you owners agree with that?

heihei

IMHO I think the Deville does give up some comfort in the name of control. You pays your money and take your choice!

chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers heihei. Have you ridden a 36 Talas?

If so, how would you compare to the Deville?

I know I don’t need a new fork really, but the price, weight, service intervals and performance are all adding up to quite an appealing package.

heihei

Minimal experience of the Talas I’m afraid. My comparison is with a 2010 Float RC2.

Chainline
    Free Member

What do you mean gives up comfort? Firmer? I have gloat 36 rc2fit 21010. Quite plush but dive loads or wind up the lsc and they get a bit firm reluctant to give up their travel. I end up with more air and a harder ride using 80% travel?

Word has it they ride high which would be nice to maintain angles and resist dive, aldosterone good.

It’s these or 55 RC3 Ti coil, leaning towards Deville at the moment. Although aren’t the Marzocchi’s now ‘service if you have to’ I.e. Hardly ever? And 3yr warranty. I’ve never ridden a coil fork though.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riding a BOS Deville yet? Plus, PSA, price reduction!’ is closed to new replies.