Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Anyone riding a BOS Deville yet? Plus, PSA, price reduction!
  • psychle
    Free Member

Looks like the pricing has been brought down to a more palatable €800, so around £710 delivered (if ordered direct on the BOS website), quite tempting as an option for my upcoming Mojo HD… Though, I wonder if it can be run as a 140mm fork with a spacer?

Anyhoo, just wondering if anyone is currently using one, would love to hear from you if you are 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

**** it… have ordered one… too good a price to pass up!

vikingboy
    Free Member

dont think they sold (m)any thus the price drop….they are cheaper than 36’s now though which makes them attractive.
    Some comments I found compared them positively to the 36’s but with a touch more flex which the rider felt was a benefit (ref. boxxers vs 40’s)
    Im thinking about picking a pair of to test out…..still on the fence as my lyrik coil DHs are pretty good.

vikingboy
    Free Member

cool….look forward to your review…let us know when and how long they take to arrive 🙂

vikingboy
    Free Member

hi psychle…..mine are showing as COMPLETE…..have yours arrived yet!?

psychle
    Free Member

not yet, though did receive an email yesterday (in French) that I think meant the order was complete… card has been charged £700, so assume all is going ahead 😀

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Psychle–They can run at 140mm,was having this conversation with the uk importer.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Gutted at having already bought a set of 36s. Look forward to seeing your thoughts on these.

vikingboy
    Free Member

I spoke to Roger the Uk importer at R53 the other day and he was adamant BOS werent selling these cheap and it was a pricing error – so I thought sod it, order a pair and see what happens. I have a feeling he’s not going to be happy when he hears BOS are shipping them out at 700quid a pair. 😕

nickegg
    Free Member

These are getting VERY hard to resist at that price! Could be perfect for my Helius AM frame.

dlr

Can you even buy them in the UK? Of the 5 shops listed on R53’s website, 2 of the websites don’t work, one has no prices, one doesnt list BOS for sale and the other one has other BOS forks but not the Deville so they cant really complain at people buying direct from France?

vikingboy
    Free Member

Heard from roger at r53 UK price now £750.
    Still cheaper to import directly I think, just….

psychle
    Free Member

Worked out to be £730 once the bank did their bullsh*t foreign currency conversion (I had €800 equivalent to around £710). Probably should’ve contacted R53 first, but wasn’t sure if the price was an error or not so didn’t want to miss out! Shouldn’t make any real difference, should it (Re. servicing & warranty etc?)…

psychle
    Free Member

Psychle–They can run at 140mm,was having this conversation with the uk importer.

Schweet… is this an internal adjustment? Guess I’ll be giving R53 a call to discuss (if they’ll speak to me!).

geetee1972
    Free Member

Psychle – that rate of exchange is pretty good tbh. The spot rate at the moment is around 1.14Euros : £1 and you got it at 1.12, so the bank is only making 1.75% on the transaction.

If you’d done this via a Travelex it would have cost you more like £760 so you did pretty well.

vinnyeh

psychle, have you got anything to run these on yet, or are we going to have to wait til the new year for a ride report?

nickegg
    Free Member

I’m still undecided on these. I wonder what spares supply and reliability will be like? No travel adjust feature isn’t ideal i think, considering the amount of climbing i’ll be doing on my new bike.

kamina
    Free Member

Is the A2C 545mm? Too bad they did not lower the price of the Ndee, I would like something even taller then my 170mm Lyrik.

vikingboy
    Free Member

The ndee was reduced a month or so ago to something around 800eur as well but it’s gone back up, pricing error or deliberate not sure.
    After roger offered me his best price of 950ukp i ordered from bos directly to avoid missing out.
    The fact bos didn’t inform their distributors of this price change for about 4-6 weeks is why previous distributors will no linger deal with bos. Getting parts, service etc has traditionally been a nightmare from everything i understand from previous owners.
    Imm hoping roger at r53 will service these in time but as grey imports he would be in his right to tell those who imported to sling their hooks…whether he will or not i don’t know. From everything I read the damping is superb, but whether it makes up for weeks waiting on spare parts when needed is yet to be decided.

For anyone thinking of getting a pair, give roger a ring, sure he will sort you out and you can be assured of his attention in future if needed. He’s a god guy and always willing to talk and help customers.

yetivaud
    Free Member

Have had these forks for a few weeks now coming from a set of pushed coil Pikes. I was really dubious about going back to a set of air forks again, 185cm/90kg ment I have shyed away from air forks and shocks for a while. These things are unreal though. The small bump movement is right up there, but where they really excel is when you start really motoring and they’re taking the big hits repeatedly. We live in the swiss alps, so fast and rough is what we see most. On the smooth flowing trails these things just don’t get used to their potential. Need to sort out the rear now, it was keeping up ok with the pikes, but nowhere close now.

LoCo
    Free Member

These are really good, Roger is a great guy too, better than the 36 (probably 😉 )

psychle
    Free Member

psychle, have you got anything to run these on yet, or are we going to have to wait till the new year for a ride report?

May try them out on the Sub Zero (if I don’t end up selling it!), stay tuned… I’m not much of a tester though, basically, if something feels ‘good’ to me then I’m happy!

I’m hoping roger at r53 will service these in time but as grey imports he would be in his right to tell those who imported to sling their hooks…

True enough… but hopefully dealing direct with BOS (if it needs to be done) won’t be too painful either if it comes to it.

Forks arrived today, first impressions, they look very good, high quality machined parts etc, and they feel very nice on the ‘squidge’ test as well 🙂 It’ll be nice to have something other than the obligatory Fox or Rockshox out on the trails, always good to be a bit different I think 😆

IMAG0183 by ten_sim, on Flickr

IMAG0184 by ten_sim, on Flickr

IMAG0185 by ten_sim, on Flickr

kamina
    Free Member

Can you measure the A2C height? Anyone know what it is for the ndee? 565mm?

dlr

Just rung up Roger at R53 after he very speedily replied to an email I sent him this morning. Had a good chat, confirmed the 1 year+ service intervals!!! (sick of doing wiper seal ones on my fox’s every 12 minutes etc) and ive just placed an order for some Devilles as well. Cheaper than new Lyriks or 36’s. He says a full service which is required every 2 years which will include new seals should be around £140 which is similar to Mojo etc but of course far longer intervals compared to Fox’s.

dlr

kamina: 545mm, 2091 grams on my scales with axle and full length steerer

dans160
    Free Member

If they are as good as the Bos Stoy controlling the rear end of my bike they will be stunnng. They look very shiny indeed.

dlr

Pics of mine here BOS Deville photos

kamina
    Free Member

Thanks dlr

komondor
    Free Member

any impressions in how the forks rides?

dlr

Only ridden them once so far in pure filth, first mud I had encountered all year so was tricky to tell as I kept falling off heh but they feel quite plush. Riding the next two days so will see how they go as they bed in.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’m falling at the first hurdle. I can’t find the UK as an option when you sign in. Is this a sign that they are no longer available to the UK?

glynP
    Free Member

We have just taken on the Bos dealer ship so anyone who wants to order a pair or purchase a pair mail me it in my profile.

kamina
    Free Member

If you can sell n’dee for teh same price as the deville…

lakekeman
    Free Member

Some more riding experince with this fork?
    How is the stiction?
    Plush or firmer suspension?
    How does it ride in comparison to a 36 or Lyrik?

I am really interested in buying it – or a Fox Float 36 160 Kashima.

Thanks!

heihei

Mine arrived last night from R53. Found Roger there really helpful. Worth noting you can get them in either 160mm or 140mm flavour but to get to 140mm they shorten some of the internals so unlike Fox 36 Floats, it’s not reversible.

Hopefully fit this weekend and get some feedback up.

babw
    Free Member

Would be great to hear some in depth feedback from the Deville owners. I’m pretty much ready to bite but they can’t be perfect, I know my Idylle’s arent (but they’re as close as, especially relative to the others).

heihei

Devilles fitted and ridden today. First off I should say that the Surrey Hills are not the sternest test of a set of forks, especially in Winter. However, after a 3hr ride I got a good sense of their character. First off they feel pretty plush out of the box, but then these days so do most forks. Out on the trail, at slow speed there is nothing special to comment on – its not coil-plush, but nothing to complain about. Once the speed picks up however, I started to feel the damping was providing just that bit more control than the Fox Float 36’s these replaced. Difficult to be precise on what it was, but over downhill sections of roots I seemed to focus less on the roots but more on picking the turn-in points on the corners, leaving the fork to cope with the roots and me to focus on the lines.
    Stiffness-wise, they look slimmer than the 36’s, but out on the trail I didn’t notice any lack of stiffness.
    Weight-wise, with steerer at same lengths, the BOS is 150g lighter than the 36’s (2010 model).
    I didn’t tinker with any settings today, with the factory ones seeming to do the job. I would note though that the rebound adjust is very fine, with not a huge difference end-to-end of the adjuster knob.

All-in-all, taking into account slightly lower weight, the new pricing point, and the better control, I reckon these forks are better than the Fox Floats – not by a massive amount but noticeable, and deserve to sell well.

pastcaring
    Free Member

thanks for that heihei.

i’ve been speaking to roger, it’s a shame they’re not adjustable, but i think i can live with that.
    i’d rather compromise on the ups then the downs.
    guess that will be my rev’s up for sale.

heihei

I reckon they’d be mint on the 5-Spot coupled with the ccdb. It does feel like the damping is getting close to a coil set-up on the BOS which I guess is the nirvana. Will be interesting to see if they can pull the same trick with their rear air-can if they ever get it launched.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Anyone riding a BOS Deville yet? Plus, PSA, price reduction!’ is closed to new replies.