Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone put the heating on yet?
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

A bit under the weather today (too much beer last night) and moping at home and it crossed my mind to put the heating.

RESIIIIST!

LenHankie

Thought about it for the first time this morning. I put on a jumper instead. Job done.

chvck
    Free Member

Still sat in shorts and t-shirt here! Trying a game of mind over matter.

stumpyjon

Never had it off, we have this clever device called a thermostat, if the temperature drops below what it’s set to the heating comes on. As long as you don’t set it too high it works throughout the year 😯

zippykona

It clicked on this morning at 17 degrees. First trousers of winter though. My merino kona top is doing a good job.

singlecrack
    Free Member

On the first time this morning ……miserable weather has forced it

Gorehound
    Free Member

Got the fire lit.

yunki
    Free Member

Never had it off

*giggle*

stufive
    Free Member

ours has been on and off for a while now usualy just for an hour before i get up at 0545 was only 3c this morning outside so i feel its justified 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

have started aye, normally wouldn’t until october, but I came back from holiday in 28C spain the other week to 12c Glasgow… so I’ve been using it occasionally to take the chill out the room I wouldnt normally notice!

Kryton57

stumpyjon – Member
    Never had it off, we have this clever device called a thermostat, if the temperature drops below what it’s set to the heating comes on. As long as you don’t set it too high it works throughout the year

You must remember there are people from the North on here. Thermostat = when t’whippet is shivering its time t’chop t’wood, aye.

Gorehound
    Free Member

Thermostst is when the ball and chain starts bitching about the cold.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Nahhh. Not even thinking about it.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

We have popped the log burner on a couple of times to keep the chill out. Temp really dropped for this morning’s ride, house now feels like a sauna!

Stoner
    Free Member

Just got in from rugby training with Jr (I’m a volunteer training assistant) – tired and moist. First thing I did was take a straw poll of the household in respect of lighting the fire. Democracy rools, and provides an excuse for being a wuss. central heating will stay off until day temp stays below 18degs for the day.

timbur
    Free Member

The Mrs insisted the fire was sparked up.
    Nice and toasty even if I wasn’t cold to start with!

rp16v
    Free Member

Nah nowhare near,twas chilly this morning just got the duvet out on the sofa how a sunday s :lol:hould be

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone put the heating on yet?’ is closed to new replies.