Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone playing Rugby this season
  • pantsonfire
    Free Member

There is no fool like an old fool. Well this old fool somehow got himself talked into signing up jeez I must have been canned that night.

We are a pretty mixed team with some young lads, some returning old farts like me and a core of decent players who just want a game and a laugh in the pub without the hassle of title ambitions.

1st game next week and I admit I am bricking it getting rugby fit has nearly killed me I ache all over and if I take any more supplements I will burst.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Probably. Keep meaning to stop before various bits of me give up completely. Keep going back though. Only half a dozen games a year now with work/kids etc, and don't I know it. Takes me about a week to get over it these days.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Just finished a free weights session oh dear god the only muscles that dont hurt are my stomach muscles and I think thats because the nerve endings have burnt away with overuse

beinbhan

Still playing for the 2nd xv 52 this year say I,m retiring every year but still answer the call when they are short of players

thegreatape
    Free Member

52, good effort.

rOcKeTdOg

guy at work is starting next week, he's 27 used to play at uni but had to have both knees reconstructed at 23, nutter!

shands
    Free Member

52 is very impressive. One of the guys in work still has a couple of games a season and he's 57. Plays bloody front row as well. I ache enough and I am only 31. I have also played against team that included JPR for a very short period. i am not sure if he is still turning out for Tondu seconds as that was quite some time ago. But fair do to the fella, he still can do a bit.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

beinbhan nice one I am 50 years and 3 months and I will be quite happy if I am still able to play aged 50 years 3 months and 1 week

Going to taper off the training for the next week mainly because I am shattered wouldnt do to fall asleep at the first lineout and drop our main jumper 🙂

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Well it didnt go as well as we hoped but better than we feared we got beaten 38-13 but we were holding them til the last 10 minutes when we just ran out of steam and they ran in 4 converted tries. Didnt help that we played with only 14 men for last 30 minutes. Our full back got sent off for a trip on there scrummy inches from the line what a plonker right in front of the ref.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Yes, kinda. Keep trying to finish but keep going back. Really fell out of love with the whole game a few years ago when I was playing a high standard. Didn't play for a few years then got a call out of the blue and played last year. It was alright but playing socially made me realize that I am still quite competitive.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone playing Rugby this season’ is closed to new replies.