• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IA.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone moved from a Prophet to an el Guapo?
  • konaboy2275
    Free Member

As in the title, trying to justify one to myself but am a bit unsure of how they’ll climb compared to the Cannondale?

edit; I’m also riding an xl Prophet, I’m 6’3″ with a 35″ inside leg – how do they size up?

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Anyone?

DK
    Free Member

Id be interested in this post…

I have a prophet mx with float 36’s, love it but in the back of my mind i fear its gonna fail on me one day. (its 2006 and The frame was being used for DH with an over sprung coil by previous owner!)

looked at the el guapo… anyone own one? (apart from ed oxley lol)

bauchlebastart
    Free Member

Not quite the same, but I went from a large Prophet to an med FTM carbon. Worried about sizing because it didn’t seem to make sense on paper.

GEDA
    Free Member

I have a prophet and posted the same question. The answer seemed to be do not change as there is not much difference. Its hard to have a bike that is five years old that you can’t find much wrong with. Think I would be better getting a new front fork and hope hoops.

smiff
    Free Member

haven’t ridden a Prophet.. they look really ahead for their time.
    weights are similar. pivot locations are very different though so i’d expect them to ride different?
    Guapos climb well, should descend better, and if you’re buying one of the next batch you might also have pedals that don’t hit the ground 😉

IA

Just seen this.

6’4″.

Used to own a prophet, now selling an El Guapo as I didn’t get on with it for all day rides, too short for me. Cheap for the frame if you’re interested (or I can provide detailed sizing info).

Comparing the ride: the EG is much better downhill IMO, and with the 3-position shock doesn’t feel too compromised in climbing performance.

Much stiffer rear end too, and no kick through the pedals from the suspension.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone moved from a Prophet to an el Guapo?’ is closed to new replies.