Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone mixed xtr and xx1?
  • janetburthem
    Free Member

Got a full 1×11 xtr groupset but with the crankset being out of stock everywhere in the uk I am considering an xx1 or xx chainset, will there be any problems with doing this?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

No, people use all sorts of different cranks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Any crank will do, take a look at Raceface Next too

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

I think Using Sram or Raceface cranks for 1 x could be a blessing, at least in the short term. Having spoken to a friend who works at Madison i believe there’s a reason for not having stk yet!

I’m hoping it all works well with the Raceface cranks as that is what I have on order!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

If you want the lightest then next sl crank.

mashiehood
    Free Member

I have xtr m9000 on order from CrC just waiting for delivery – I’m running cannondale hollowgram and hoping that running xx1 front ring won’t be an issue,

From what I have read, Shimano are not using thick thin rings hence my nervousness!

Come on CrC where is my mech, cassette and shifter

maxtorque

i run with xx1 cranks and xx1 narrow/wide cogs on the front, with XTR chain, cassette(+42t extender) and XTR shadow mech. Works fine!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Cannondale do an xx1 spider for the hollowtechs or a spiderless ring from absolute black

mashiehood
    Free Member

I am currently running xx1 front ring on hollowgram with XX cassette and XTR rear mech – 1×10
    Looking forward to having a bit more range with XTR M9000

sillyoldman

Single ring XTR are due with Madison next week.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Having spoken to a friend who works at Madison i believe there’s a reason for not having stk yet!

which is?

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

which is?

Apparently Shimano were being their usual responsible selves and not releasing a product to market that didn’t function as intended – for clarity I’m talking non narrow/wide single XTR cranks/rings here.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone mixed xtr and xx1?’ is closed to new replies.