Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Carn ban mor
  • portydave
    Free Member

Evening

I understand the descent off carn ban mor has had a bunch of work done has been ‘sanitised’ somewhat.

Does this mean its totally crap on a bike, or is it something that my missus, who could be described as an occasional biker, might enjoy?

Cheers
    Dave

biffa
    Free Member

It’s been ruined…. Loads of really awkward water bars and drains. Keep going over the summit and try the red burn descent back to Feshie although bits of it may be a bit muddy given the rain up this way in the last few days.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Shame, used to be nice.

P20

We still enjoyed it

image by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

image by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

wanmankylung
    Free Member

If those pictures are like the rest of the descent, just make your own way down off the path. The path looks like it’s been poorly made and wont last 5 minutes anyway, best keep bikes off of it.

stevious

I found the number of water bars to be almost sarcastic.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Still looks okay in parts, and I have a sadistic liking for waterbars!

portydave
    Free Member

Cheers folks.

Is it easily rideable, but a bit crap, or is it difficult to ride cause of all the water bars? The photos make it look ok….

Which one is the red burn descent? I assume the one that hooks up with the allt ruahd on the os map….and looks a bit steep where there’s no path marked at the top?

She is not going to enjoy the climb much, but am hoping that a decent descent that she can ride will make up for it!

Cheers

biffa
    Free Member

That’s the one, the top is not too bad there’s a short steep section and it’s a bit vague but if you head over the summit and head left as you head down to the coll you will find the path, a muddy bit after the first down and then a great path all the way down. There is a newish section that’s nice and smooth but a lovely rough track at the bottom nothing horrible and a much better run down than the old path. Done both in the last month and definitely say Red burn is much better. If you want to shorten the run you can ride/push up the walkers path then over to Red burn but the lad rover track is all rideable just long and steep in places it’s a great day out.

biffa
    Free Member

If your on strava check there you will find the downhill if you look for Red burn.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I did it recently as part of a big loop from Braemar to Aviemore and back. It certainly isn’t what it was but is still good fun in its own way- very fast and still a bit wild in places. I am just not sure if it is worth a specific trip anymore. If Reds Burn is good, try that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Carn ban mor’ is closed to new replies.