Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • anyone know of a good machine shop in Exeter for some Alu lathe work…?
  • amedias
    Free Member

need someone local to knock up a couple of (very simple) replacement through-axles for a frame.

Anyone know/used someone in Exeter? would rather go on recommendation than phone everyone in yellow pages…

Matt

stumpy01

Not in Exeter, but I have had MS Engineering in Paignton make a few things for work related stuff and it's always been fine.

I don't think they are that hot on checking their e-mails though, so probably best to ring up.

thomthumb
    Free Member

alu thru axles – are you sure? mine are steel.

amedias
    Free Member

yes, im very very sure they are Alu, it's a weird 15mm, stepped down from 20mm axle in the back end of an Ellsworth Dare…

tbh though, id quote happily settle for a steel one, it's not like i'd notice the weight on that bike.

I would think 100mm and possibly 12mm thru-axles are steel due to the smaller diameter?

neilforrow

I have got access to several lathes at work. Could get something done for you. Wouldn't be unitll the new year mind. Have you got the old axel's or drawings of them?

amedias
    Free Member

oooh, neilforrow, yes I have the old axle, and that's a very generous offer, do you mid if I email you direct about it?

Matt

Del

failing Neil, try yale out at the airport. they do stuff for our work. pretty good. nice blokes.

neilforrow

no probs, email me. It might take a while… we have a fully kitted out machine shop to build / maintain our rigs, they make up stuff like that all the time.

will prob cost you a few beers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘anyone know of a good machine shop in Exeter for some Alu lathe work…?’ is closed to new replies.