Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone know much about watches…..(Pictures)
  • Jackass123456789
    Free Member

….Got these 2 and know nothing!!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Many, many watch experts on here 😉

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

First one is a cheap Marvin and the second one is a cheap Glynford antimagnetic.

tony_m
    Free Member

Many, many watch experts on here 😉

But you’ll probably be better off asking on here… 🙂

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

joolsburger
    Free Member

Despite the name Marvin is a well established manufacturer of decent watches. That is a nice simple old watch worth repair and a new strap IMHO.

Glanford sorry you have me there.

A breif search on the interweb says

Che wore a Marvin watch during the Cuban Revolution and this simple fact could well explain why these watches have not been available for sale in the U.S. as grudges against Fidel are still well in place. At some point Che gave his Marvin watch to his father and later it was found and placed in a museum in Cuba.

keppoch

Dunno but I like the second one! Nice and simple not cluttered by 15 other dials to justify a £££ price tag!

keppoch.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Thanks for the response, are they as one person commented just cheap watches or is there some value in these (yeah not Tag prices but more than the cost of a new battery)?

If anyone is interested feel free to make an offer, email in profile…

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yeah the marvin is worth a few quid how much I’ve no idea. Does it work, does it keep decent time etc etc etc.

Stick them on ebay the marvin should go no it wasn’t cheap but not too expensive.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know much about watches…..(Pictures)’ is closed to new replies.