• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by iolo.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone heard of Elliot cycles….?
  • hopeychondriact
    Free Member

So I noticed a Turner Flux on here for sale which I had been beaten to by a trader so it seems as same bike’s listed on ebay at the moment.

He’s asking £795 and the price he got it for was £500 or less depending on negotiations.

WHY on hell’s earth are we as a biking community putting up with this trash seeing an opportunity!!?

It’s obviously cause Sean Elliot wants to make money but that’s besides the point here.
    I am getting at the whole private bike trader thing, it really does actually boil my piss and grate my fists.

I for one thankfully have never supported these private bike traders as they’re quite obvious to spot to tbh and I hope you don’t too.

hope my rant is well received with pretty please and pink ribbon on top.
    😆

seavers
    Free Member

Well yes it is not in spirit of the forum. How could it be stopped though? Also there could be enterprising individuals doing the same thing!

Has the buyer you mentioned broken any rules?

teadrinker
    Free Member

Doesn’t bother me to be honest. I’ll sell something for a price I’m happy to sell at, what the buyer does with it is up to them, they own it and if they make a few quid on it then fair play in my opinion.

I think calling them trash is a bit harsh, someone wants to make a bit of money flogging second hand gear, perfectly fine by me. I get that you’re a bit pissed because you missed the sale but it was sold at price the seller was happy with. And now it will be sold at a price the new owner is happy to sell at.

I say move on, life’s too short.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

You’re just bitter that it’s not you making £300 off of it.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

a few people have been doing it for years on here

scotroutes

What do the Forum Rules have to say about this?

The ‘spirit’ of our forum is one where users can turn their old, surplus or unwanted kit into extra cash to enable them to buy new bits to help them get out and continue riding. The Classified Forum is not a place where users can earn a living or supplement their income by buying and selling parts. users who exploit our forum in this way will be considered to be trading. How we define trading is down to our judgement and we may ask you for an explanation of your sale in order to make this judgement. We will look at each instance reported to us or spotted by us on a case by case basis and then we will act at our discretion.

Businesses are strictly prohibited from using our Classifieds forum.

Seems pretty clear…

seavers
    Free Member

There you go OP.

Report the info you have to the mods.

Russell96

Simply if someone is **** thick enough to pay it.

Every week we have threads about people ‘concerned’ over delays in a transaction where they are sending money to a member either with no to minimal history or more likely have only ever posted in the classifieds.

teadrinker
    Free Member

But if they’re buying off here and selling somewhere else that’s surely they’re business? If they’re buying on here and then selling on here at a profit then fair enough, that’s not fair but what’s to stop someone buying something off Retrobike and then selling on here for a profit, you can’t monitor that so I think it’s fair game to buy off here and sell somewhere else.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Someone got it before you op, it happened to be a private trader, act more quickly next time, stop whining.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Does it really matter. He only used the classified here to buy the frame not buy and resell.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’m not sure that restricting who can buy stuff is the best way to get a decent sale price.

Makes sense to restrict trade selling, but not buying.

andyrm
    Free Member

As has been said, he’s bought on here and sold somewhere else, so not used the forum to “trade”.

As for calling traders “trash”, that’s a pretty offensive and harsh turn of phrase. All of us in one way or another sell our products, labour or services for monetary gain. A trader’s profit, much like a retailer, also has to allow for some contingency in case of things going wrong.

For what it’s worth, I am good friends with a very, very good trader (Ross Readman of Ross’ Rideas) who makes a decent profit but also does a bloody good job of selling bikes to people at decent prices and with very good service. You only have to see his FB page to realise that. He’s able to do what he does by having good cash reserves built up from trading over time, so that he can negotiate good prices with sellers, and then make a profit for himself while still offering a good price to buyers. If that’s how you define “trash” then I’m lost……..

iolo
    Free Member

OP, you were happy with the price you got.
    Why do you care now what happens to the bike?
    If it is worth more, why didn’t you ask for more when you sold it?
    Life’s too short to worry about stuff like this.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKxr2PJ06Y4[/video]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone heard of Elliot cycles….?’ is closed to new replies.