Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • anyone have unusual hobbies ?
  • Klunk
    Free Member
    RealMan
    Free Member

There is now a group of people I want to have less in common with then train watchers.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh well it’s harmless enough I spose.

emma82
    Free Member

My little brother would do that sort of thing but with tunnels, loves them. Actually, I filmed for 4 minutes going through a tunnel heading to the Alps because I knew he’d love it. 😕

Drac

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw[/video]

RealMan
    Free Member

I don’t like the internet sometimes.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

muddydwarf, where are youuuu?

As for me, I collect antique planer blades.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

That’s 1.5 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Bast****.

My missus and her mates think I’m a certifiable nutter for going mountain biking in the dark. Whats unusual for one man is a necessity for another (or meat vs poison). etc etc.

z1ppy

as above, but I alway thought this kinda weird, though my brother thought it cool in a strange way… http://www.pylons.org/

donsimon
    Free Member

A little bit of this, trust me it can get quite dangerous at times.
    My old man used to take photos of the underside of bridges when he was in the navy. 🙄

JulianA
    Free Member

emma82 – Member
    My little brother would do that sort of thing but with tunnels, loves them. Actually, I filmed for 4 minutes going through a tunnel heading to the Alps because I knew he’d love it.

This post is useless without ur Vid?

Duggan

My old man used to take photos of the underside of bridges when he was in the navy.

😆

Hohum
    Free Member

I try (and mostly succeed) to try and grow exotic plants in my Scottish garden.

I have suffered a lot of losses after the last two horrible winters though ;(

slimjim78
    Free Member

I grow many varieties of the worlds hottest chilli’s.

julianwilson
    Free Member

That bit where he presses the ‘down’ button about fifteen times is ace. Really!

No really unusual hobbies, but I did build one of these this morning:

8) or 😳 depending on your point of view.

andytherocketeer

jeez – that goes beyond weak lemon drink (think he does that too judging by his youtube collection)

samuri
    Free Member

You know them fights people have. Like that lightning bolt stuff. Do people coreograph them first so they know everyone who’s going to die or do they just get angry and shout until they win?

It looks so bizarre. How do they decide?

tazzymtb

unlike many on singletrack – I Actually ride a mountain bike on a regular basis 😆

racefaceec90

i found them interesting.and i bet the gentleman who likes lifts has a memory for them like kim peeks (the genius,dustin hoffman based his rain man character on) at the end of the day if you enjoy something (as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else,all power to you i say 🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I joined one of those battle re-enactment societies, is that unusaul enough?

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

i eat my snot to see how much i can piss of my girlfriend

stevomcd
    Free Member

samuri – no, it’s meant to be “real”. So the swordfights are meant to be based on your scale. And if you’re a magic-dude, you get to shout “lightning bolt” at people and they’re supposed to know to fall over / wriggle around.*

*Disclaimer – I used to work with/share lifts with a guy who was HEAVILY into this, I have not personally particapated!

trickydisco
    Free Member

or this guy

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z4iw8Ppo1o[/video]

scratch
    Free Member

That lift feller, is he trying to escape from Zombies?

The background noise sounds like the living dead, is this what Coventry’s like?

morgs
    Free Member

why does the haircut of the guy that collects VHS machines not surprise me?

grum
    Free Member

Heh – quite like the manhole covers. 😳

saxabar
    Free Member

They make the world a richer and more intricate place. I wonder though in the world of “lift appreciation” if there are verbs to “rag” the button?

Someone I know has a thing for washing lines. She takes photos of washing lines and keeps a scrapbook of them from around the world. She is also a keen film analyst interested in representations of laundry and washing lines. A bright women too who could make a lot of money advising clients such as Unilever and ad’ agencies.

roper
    Free Member

I used to collect fire extinguishers. I have even been given some as presents. I got rid of most of my collection but do still have one or two favourites at home. I do have a bit of a thing for Tupperware too :oops:.

Now-a-days I just stick with Arthropods, mainly Arachnida, though I don’t think there is anything unusual about them.

While I’m at it I’ll admit to liking the manhole covers too.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

How much time/money do folks spend on these hobbies?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I collect cakes and eat them.

derekrides
    Free Member

Hmm, I find my OCD ness has recently extended itself to making me form lists of uncool people I don’t know on an internet forum i have only just joined, I think I might have a problem.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I post pointless sh!t on interweb forums when I should be out getting drunk and lairy.

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Lego Camper Van ordered. Thanks Mr Wilson. Go well with the Beetle.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

ordered from where? the Beetle is £300 in Amazon!!!!

Cougar

That LEGO camper is tremendous.

Andy is Simon Quinlank AICMFP.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘anyone have unusual hobbies ?’ is closed to new replies.