• This topic has 24 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by nach.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Anyone had problems with using My Hermes??
  • cheekyget
    Free Member

I used their signed delivery services to send some bike bits….the tracking says it was signed for by the reciptiant of the address
    But I get a message today asking me

Dude where’s my stuff??……is my Hermes dodgy or is the reciptiant trying to pull a fast one

iolo
    Free Member

Maybe you ask Hermes?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Like Yodel it seems to depend on the driver at the other end. Mine seems to be great and only ever seems to call after 5 when someone’s in, others seem to sling it in the hedge and say it was left in a safe place.

STATO
    Free Member

My Hermes is often just a person in a car trying to deliver as much as they can, often they run out of time in the day. Sometimes they may say stuff is signed for to make sure they get paid or whatever, then deliver it the next day (or later). Obviously this is poor but Hermes dont seem to police it much, or if they do its after the fact. So id contact hermes, but also tell the buyer you are trying to find it, hopefully should turn up in a few days, otherwise refund then claim back on insurance.

At least thats my experience.

cheekyget
    Free Member

I’ve contacted Hermes ……just waiting for a reply…I wonder how long this’ll take???

nickjb
    Free Member

I had a similar issue with a load of eBay stuff. Both the problem items had been delivered but not to the recipient. Iirc both were to work addresses and we’re eventually found sat in the corner of an office. Not a problem with Hermes just poor communications at the recipients workplace.

Also had 1 issue with a delivery. Showed on the tracking as delivered but nothing here. Emailed them and they swore blind it had need delivered and even claimed to have a photo of the house as proof. I asked for a copy which they said they’d send. Package arrived the next day, never got the photo.

welshfarmer

My delivery driver this end is great. I have always received stuff sent to me via Hermes. However, out of 4 things I have sent using them only 1 ever made it to the destination the other end. I now don’t bother with the 20 pence saving and use either RM of UPS

isitafox
    Free Member

Yup depends on who’s at the other end. Our local delivery man also does stuff like Next, Topshop, etc…. and is pretty prompt. I live in a large village though so he tends to get to know the locals and knows when they’re likely to be in.

I’m very dubious about using Hermes though after seeing some lads “loading” a wagon in Stockport. Safe to say I don’t send anything that could break easily and everything I do send is extremely well padded!

kcal

my delivery driver here is my old (retired) bank manager. He’s great, just doing it to get out, meet people and earn some pocket money.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve sent 120 parcels via hermes (just logged in to check as its not a number I know off the top of my head) and only had 2 issues. I item was damaged and the other went missing. Refunds given on both occasions. Takes about 2 weeks and its an easy process.

turboferret

I’ve used MyHermes quite a bit over the past couple of months, mainly sending stuff I’ve sold on eBay. Not always super quick, but everything has arrived OK.

The only annoyance I had recently was accidentally falling foul of the maximum dimensions by a tiny amount. MyHermes wouldn’t deliver my parcel until I’d paid a significant additional premium. I suppose this was my fault for not measuring carefully and checking the terms and conditions closely enough.

Cheers, Rich

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Anyone had problems with using My Hermes??

Do bears shit in the wood?

I’ll never use them again.

Sample size of 8 parcels, 3 never showed up, and 1 damaged to the point where a part refund was the only easy answer.

oxym0r0n

Sent quite a few parcels through them. Only problem I had was when I sent an Isla bike, which was within their postage parameters. 3 days after dropping off (friday about 4:30pm) i got an email saying it was too big too send and could zi collect it.

Real pain, as I had to rebook with another courier. We were going on holiday on the Sunday and the person had already paid for the bike. Really inconvenient!

gavjackson1984
    Free Member

Sent some new pike forks via myhermes signature on delivery. They just got left in the buyer’s porch. Glad the buyer was honest.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Not used them to send anything but have had them deliver two packages recently. First time the driver left it on the doorstep but didn’t knock on the door, First I knew about it was getting the email confirmation of delivery. The second time the driver left it on the step, knocked but was already in his car and driving off by the time I got to the front door. Both times the email receipt stated that the package had been left in an outbuilding. I don’t have an outbuilding. Given the choice I wouldn’t use them.

Northwind

I’ve done 250 parcels with them this year and had I think 3 undelivered, plus a couple of dud labels that I had to cancel and reorder (which is more irritating than it sounds, because the label cancelling process on their website is borked).

But the flipside of this is that the compensation process is simplicity itself, absolutely no fuss and full value + cost of postage refunded immediately via paypal. I suppose my only criticism there, is that they make you fill in a form “what does it look like” as if they’re going to look for it, then 5 minutes later they say “Can’t find it”- blatantly they don’t look so once your parcel’s lost in their system you’re just not getting it back.

I like ’em, I’ve saved a fortune over other vendors and in some ways they’re very good. The convenience of hte parcelshops is brilliant, if I’d posted 250 items via my post office I would still be there.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Well my Hermes got back to me ….and gave me evidence of a …ahem signature!! Or a scribble..who knows.

The drama goes on!!! 😕

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I’ve saved a fortune over other vendors

Makes no odds if selling on ebay – use another vendor, charge a bit more postage. These days I’d state in the listing that I’m using a reputable courier or whatever.

As far as buying goes, its not proven to be an issue, our receive parcels pretty much always end up next to our front door (but at least not visible from the road), although god only knows how they justify sending a signature back to the seller – I’ve never given one for a myhermes parcel.

Northwind

Increasing postage costs impacts your sales, though. Saving your customer postage increases the amount many will bid, so, still beneficial. I wouldn’t use them if they were terrible, mind

STATO
    Free Member

Increasing postage costs impacts your sales, though. Saving your customer postage increases the amount many will bid, so, still beneficial. I wouldn’t use them if they were terrible, mind

The sole reason for using myhermes for me is the ease of use. Simply drop off at corner shop at the end of the street on way to work, or go in late so i can wait outside the post office for it to open, then queue, then wait for them to weigh and slowly print out labels for each packet.

rocketman
    Free Member

Round our way Gloria never fails to deliver

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve had maybe a 60-70% success rate with them and won’t be using them again.

turboferret

Dropping off at the corner shop has to be the major bonus for me. Even sending small stuff which would be cheaper going small packet/letter I often just print out a label and drop off to save the bother of the post office.

Cheers, Rich

steve_b77
    Free Member

Sent loads, never had an issue

nach
    Free Member

A mate has had some bad issues sending with MyHermes, as a result tries to avoid buying anything that’ll be sent with them too.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had problems with using My Hermes??’ is closed to new replies.