Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone had a road fork separate?
  • tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

After noticing play in my headset I took apart my front end to find this:

The carbon steerer has completely separated from the crown.

The fork was brought new in January.

Has anyone else had simmilar happen?

I wont name the Company I brought the fork from until they have responded but the Fork is Ness Full Carbon Jobby.

Jon

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Never seen that before. Looks like a straight up manufacturing fault. If they don’t roll over with a refund and an apology I will be very surprised. I would also hesitate to ride that brand again. I don’t want to even imagine what would have happened of you had had to hop a curb and pulled up on the bars! 😯

shermer75
    Free Member

How did that stay on at all?!?

oldgit
    Free Member

Never seen that before, so is that a core of carbon that slides into the bit you’re holding?
    All the usual checks done, correct angled headset, torqued, within the recommended stack height.
    Looks a duff’n though.

And BTW I find the muddy crown area highly offensive. Always clean the area you’re about to work on or I’ll be round 😉

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Matt- Worryingly I was popping the front wheel over pots holes, dips in the road etc on the way to work today. (was at work when I noticed it)

Shermer- I have no idea, Ive had headset play for around 2 weeks and couldnt work out the cause.

oldgit
    Free Member

Just checking, but there is a crown race there isn’t there?

I can’t tell, just ignore me if I’m being a muppet.

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Oldgit- Yup there is, its the slightly darker section on the bottom.

Jon

oldgit
    Free Member

New ones in the post then I would think.

spyke85
    Free Member

Looks like a Specialized to me….

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Oldgit- Well they are no longer selling this fork so fingers crossed it’ll get replaced with a Columbus one (next one they sell)

Spyke- Nope its a Ness

Jon

spyke85
    Free Member

I think that’s a pretty clear cut replacement and wouldn’t be surprised if there was a recall on that!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had a road fork separate?’ is closed to new replies.