Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Who has went 29er for their burly trail bike?
  • singlespeedstu

Some might class these as burly.

Boingy.

TBLTC by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

Half boingy.

Cader Idris Summit by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

And a new singlespeedburlyhowf’ingmuckdoesthatweigh bike being built. 🙂

Clink

And a new singlespeedburlyhowf’ingmuckdoesthatweigh bike being built.

German?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

easy girl, what size had you ordered?

cooie

Ison Distribution only showing med Horsethiefs left.

rthomas17
    Free Member

I tried to get a HT in XL but Charlie the Bikemonger says there are none in the country, but he can import. Really like the look of them, but think I’m swaying towards a Transition Bandit – the guys at Pedals in Edinburgh are dealers, so be great to get a local dealer. They are getting in a L for me to demo.

singlespeedstu

Yes Clink.
    It is. 🙂

martinh
    Free Member

No wonder you were clearing out the garage, all these new toys…

Candodavid
    Free Member

Qh is a proper burly ht, works fantastic with 140 revs and 2×10

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Another Turner Sultan here. Getting on with it very well.

paulevans
    Free Member

Got myself a Tallboy LTc. I sure hope its burly since its replaced a Nomad C that i sold to raise the funds to buy it!!

[/url]
    2013 01 20_1125_edited-1 by N Paul Evans, on Flickr[/img]

the_lecht_rocks

gratuitous pic :

IMAG0101 by the_lecht_rocks, on Flickr

Cheezpleez

Very few of these seem burly to me. Are people using these for the Alps, etc?

I can see that bigger wheels reduces the need for 6″ of sus but aren’t most of these bikes a bit wibbly compared to a properly burly 26″ bike with a 36 fork,etc?

Genuinely interested.

jameso

I’d class your steel rigid 29er as burlier than those or most bikes on this thread, but it’s subjective..

IA

Very few of these seem burly to me. Are people using these for the Alps, etc?

I can see that bigger wheels reduces the need for 6″ of sus but aren’t most of these bikes a bit wibbly compared to a properly burly 26″ bike with a 36 fork,etc?

Mine’ll be in the alps for a few weeks this year. But I’d agree that revs arent’ really burly – they’re a long XC fork really. Hence why I went for the bombers, I wanted something a bit more sturdy. Ideally I’d have something sturdier still, might get some of those new x-fusions when they eventually appear…

Wheels-wise, i’m on flows with 2.4″ tyres on, which is about as burly as you can get on 29″. Nothing equivilent to a dual ply DH tyre for 29 yet, but then I’d not run them on a 26 I was riding up hills either.

Comparing my HT to my El guapo (which had totems etc.) yes it’s less burly – but it’s nearly all just the forks, and there’s not a lot in it. I’d have no qualms riding it in the same place.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Kojaklollipop – Member
    Yetiman – what are those Easton Havens like in the 29er version, are they strong/stiff enough, what do you think of them (thinking of some of these myself) ?

Kojak – the Havens are holding up well. My previous bike was on 26” Stans Flows and the 29er Havens feel at least as stiff and just as strong. My local hill has a good selection of fast rocky descents so wheels do take a bit of a battering.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Horsethief has landed 😀

bruceandlauren
    Free Member

I’ve just joined the Horse thief club as well. Building up with 140mm revelation rct3, Easton Havens and an XT groupset. Can’t wait to get it built and out on the trials.

singlespeedstu

jameso – Member

I’d class your steel rigid 29er as burlier than those or most bikes on this thread, but it’s subjective..

So would I but i don’t think that’s what the OP is looking for. 8)

Are people using these for the Alps, etc?

I took my LTc to the Prenees despite also having a nomad with a van 36 on.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Who has went 29er for their burly trail bike?’ is closed to new replies.