Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Anyone had a bike nicked lately? Are these your forks?
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

Here’s a pair of 2009 Rockshox Revolutions. The illiterate seller has a Fox RP2 for sale, plus I can see Avid disc brakes and a wheel hanging up in the photos.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/rock-shox-revelution-forks-in-white_W0QQitemZ180350356791QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item180350356791&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Seems like very new and expensive forks and rear shock for someone to be selling.

Perhaps it’s a bonafide sale, but I thought I would let people know all the same.

cynic-al
    Free Member

where?

Spongebob
    Free Member

Hull by the looks of things

longweight
    Free Member

That did make me laugh out loud!

Spongebob
    Free Member

Isn’t Hull the capital of car radio thefts?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve sold bikes parts and a car radio in the past.

It’s a fair cop!

Spongebob
    Free Member

Yes cynic-al, but you can spell and these bits aren’t numpty bits. Perhaps he’s a poorly educated but rich person from Hull. I am such a doubting Thomas!

crazy-legs

Someone ask him if they’re air, coil or elastomer forks… 😉

Nico
    Free Member

He does understand about lock-out shocks and has a nice shed, so my money says he’s pukka.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Or ask him if he has the manuals or a receipt.

mk1fan
    Free Member

It certainly doesn’t feel right. Spelling and grammar aside, you’d think [if they were genuine] they’d post up some info on what bike they were taken off?

Heck you never know?

bikemonkey
    Free Member

If you look at his selling history, he sells many car parts, including other bits from Transits. He’s also sold other bike bits including clothing. His name is something “4×4” so he looks like a genuine car nut.

I think you’re jumping to conclusions because his spelling is atrocious

squiff
    Free Member

Spongebob

Or maybe your just a just SAD, with nothing better to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. How would you like to be labeled as a thieve.

GET A GRIP T**T

james
    Free Member

“so my money says he’s pukka.”

“it doesnt come with the code
    so if you wana put a cd player in your car or van here you are”

Mine doesn’t

dr_adams
    Free Member

But a rp2 isn’t lockable? its pro pedal, even says it on it? and you would think he/she would put which bike it is off? not meaning i agree they are stolen, more that they are not being sold by someone who knows their bikes… which would then lead you to question why they have said items for sale?

Jamie
    Free Member

squiff

Spongebob

Or maybe your just a just SAD, with nothing better to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. How would you like to be labeled as a thieve.

GET A GRIP T**T

Calm down dear.

Spongebob
    Free Member

squiff – Member

Spongebob

GET A GRIP T**T

It’s true, I am a T**T!

But you are another person who can’t spell! 😆

higgo
    Free Member

squiff
    Free Member

Jamie

I am calmm, dont like it wen peeple r labelled as theeeives (sorry my spelling is a bit crap) as pointed out by squarepants

RealMan
    Free Member

I think he might actually be legit now.

Just very very dyslexic.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

I don’t think the original poster (Spongebob) was claiming that the ebay seller was a thief, just pointing in the direction of a possibly shady auction incase someone had lost those forks. Seems fair enough to me.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Very entertaining!

oxnop
    Free Member

Air, shocker! Ha

craig1975
    Free Member

I love it when the STW massive slate people on eBay for not having…. good descriptions on there auctions, Cu’s it’s a chance for me to get a bargain.
    Last time I ended up with a near brand new pair on Lyrics for less than £300 posted 😆

BluePalomino
    Free Member

ps – seller says that forks are off his cannondale that he snapped the frame on. might put in a bid meself. :o)

cynic-al
    Free Member

snapped cannondale frame? Too obvious surely!

bigrich

I bet the bastard has swine flu as well

theres a page over Here with lots of dodgy looking adverts on too.

he’s put a phone number on his car auction, phone him and ask if he’s a thiefist

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had a bike nicked lately? Are these your forks?’ is closed to new replies.