Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • les gets ( french alps ) koan bike park
  • scunnybikedude
    Free Member

Hey im planning on going to the French alps on a mtb week brake and il be going to the (kona les gets) bike park and other biking places near the area , i just wanted to know your views on it, whats the jumps like and the single track whats in the area? are the people nice ? 🙂 what els is there to do ? x

nickc

I thought the Kona Bike park on Mt Cherie (Les Gets) had been dismantled a couple of years ago. Could be wrong though.

Are the people nice…?

What else is there to do? There’s always the museum of Mechanical Instruments…

MussEd
    Free Member

Bike Park was no longer there when we visited last year. 100’s of kms of trails in the area so you won’t go short. Chatel bike park is 3 lifts away and has sh1t loads of jumps and norht shore if that’s what your into.

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

I have a feeling that the Kona Bike Park on Mont chery was closed last year, something to do with walkers. I may be wrong but I know that there was a bit of conflict between walkers and bikers and Les Gets tourist board were trying to get bikers to ride on the other side (red bubble ski lift). As for Les Gets and Morzine, the trails last year weren’t too good around the villages. they had next to no trail maintainance and were pretty poor. We go further down in the Alps towards Les 2 Alps. If you go to Les Gets/ Morzine get out and explore then you find the sweet stuff, it may be worth getting a guide for a day.

scunnybikedude
    Free Member

yeh its still open http://www.bikepark-lesgets.com/Tarifs.html
    ahh im not a fan of museums tho .

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

yep there is a “bike park” in Les Gets – that’s what it’s called anyway. It’s just not the old Kona one with the hut drop etc. They’ve built a few new trails basically and called it a bike park.

best place to say is in Morzine. (i would say that, seeing as I live there)

and with us (I would say that as well – can’t blame a man for trying)

flowmtb.com

😉

scunnybikedude
    Free Member

o rite i yeh its Les Gets and Morzine that im going too i think didnt realise the kona park has closed 🙂 whats in the Morzine part ? im looking for single track and some nice jumps 🙂

solamanda
    Free Member

I’m afraid you’re going to the wrong country if you want nice jumps, however the trails are good. Guy is right about morzine being better located of the two towns.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

When you’ve ridden trails around Les Gets & Morzine from 10 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon, you really don’t want to do much else in the evening other than gorge on food and wine and a few beers and bike fettle.

At least that’s what we did last year and plan to do this year too for that matter.

Its like you’ve died and gone to heaven.

Ewan
    Free Member

They’ve changed the side of the valley it’s on. The old one was good, the new one is sh1t. The shore is made out of old packing crates! The 4x track is still there, but not really worth the trip if you ask me…

If you want jumps/shore, go to chatel, it’s much better. If you want decent singletrack, it’s there but not obvious as it’s all focused on dh trails round morzine way. You’d be better going to les arcs, better single track full stop. If you do head that way, make sure you ride the swiss national dh track – now that is a good trail!

I don’t really see the point of going to the alps just to session the pleney et el all day long…

scunnybikedude
    Free Member

thanks for the feedback il take it into consideration 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘les gets ( french alps ) koan bike park’ is closed to new replies.