Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone got the VÄRDE Ikea free-standing kitchen units?
  • toys19
    Free Member

Yeah I've got the 3 x stainless drawers one. Its about 4 years old, still goign strong, like it, when I finally do my kitchen we are thinking of doing the whole thing with these.. maybe.

I like ikea kitchens as a good as any normal brand. I've seen a howdens one fitted in my mates student house, utter rubbish and very expensive, he is an ikeaophile and regrets moving away from them.

mudshark
    Free Member

I was keen to put the Ikea or Habitat free standing units, in my last house but decided in the end fitted units make far better use of space. I still went with Ikea though and was happy with the units I used and wasn't too much of a battle to fit myself.

MikeG

Had one of the sink units in our old house – £30 from bargain corner!!! It was well hidden behind lots of chipboard and mattresses definately stashed by a staff member as it was unmarked and I got some right evil looks extracting it.
    Very good quality but they are huge and having no kickboards the whole floor needs covering and cleaning 🙁

Hazel
    Free Member

Our kitchen is one of those, we bought the house with it there already rather than fitting it ourselves and I can't wait to get rid of it. Most of my issues may be with bad installation and layout rather than the units themselves. The wooden worktops are tacky all the time, apparently they were sealed with an Ikea product, (and I've heard the same complaint from other people). The tap and hob are fairly mobile on the worksurface – although I don't know if this is because of bad installation or that they are rubbish themselves. Also, I hate the gaps between and under the units, they just gather dirt that is hard to get at to clean and offer no useful storage space. On the plus side the units themselves seem really solid (around 8 years old and all the doors/drawers/handles/shelves still fine) & we've got a 3x drawer like Toys19 above and you can get loads in it. So I'd recommend the units, but not appliances from Ikea, and probably better in a large space because they are fairly bulky units.

SaxonRider

edited for being stupid question

toys19
    Free Member

If the wood sealing isnt done properly it goes tacky, I've used liberon floor sealer on wooden worktops, top quality.

miketually
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. Our kitchen is a somewhat unusual shape and lacking in straight lines, so we're hoping the free-standing units might fit in better than a fitted kitchen.

miketually
    Free Member

There's one on Grand Designs on More4 right now 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got the VÄRDE Ikea free-standing kitchen units?’ is closed to new replies.