Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone got some cracking GPS tracks for Cairngorm magic?
  • moonboy
    Free Member

So…

Managed to engineer myself arriving into Aviemore a whole 2 days before the future mrs moon. Means I have a window of 2 days to get out there and do something proper.

I’ve had a look in some of the usual suspects but can’t seem to nail down a decent long full day gpx/tcs out of Aviemore/Rothiemurchus.

In an ideal world was thinking a 60+ish km off road loop one day and an up and down carn ban mor the next (before heading to airport to do collection).

As interested in being out the hills as anything else.

2 days, don’t want to waste…

Also for later in the week any shorter and epic picnic lunch view type ride ideas welcomed.

Collective thoughts please!

GavinB

When are you planning on this little trip dude? There is a chance I could pop over and ride too.

kcal

you’re not looking hard enough, or being ‘adventurous’ ? enough.

Burma Road with knobs on, Loch Garten, Abernethy Forest, Ryvoan & green lochan, N end of Lairig Ghru pass, round Lochan Gamha / nan Eilean, Glen Feshie, follow your nose…

rugbydick

How about one of the loops from the epic Cairngorms loop?

GPX file available on the website
    http://www.cairngormsloop.net/map.html

scotroutes

You’ll find a couple of ideas here: http://www.blog.scotroutes.com/p/routes.html

The Easy Rothiemurchus Loops route is around 78km, but is nice easy riding. If you start at Inverdruie then you should make it round to Glenmore in time for a wee bit of scran, then head off and do the out-and-back to Loch Einich in the afternoon. I did it with Piemonster a few weeks back and he seemed to enjoy it.

moonboy
    Free Member

Thanks guys, useful thoughts.

Yep, like the idea of taking a bite out of the northern part of the cairgorm loop. Will also check out scot routes gpx.

Will have map and have a few ‘long term objectives’ floating around in the back of my mind but quite like the lazy option of loading in a route and enjoying the scenery.

AlasdairMc

If you have a whole two days, you could do the whole Cairngorms Loop if you hurried. Failing that, the outer loop is decent, although there’s a lot of pushing on the way into Braemar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got some cracking GPS tracks for Cairngorm magic?’ is closed to new replies.