Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 512 total)
  • Clarkson 'n-word' furore!
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

similar comments from other dinosaurs like ron atkinson, andy gray etc have sounded the death knell of their careers

To be fair, Atkinson’s was directly referring to a player wasn’t it? While Clarkson is clearly a massive cock, his sin isn’t as bad as Atkinson’s (IMO of course). Taken in context, Big Ron’s usage had more racist overtones. I expect once again that Clarkson will be let away with it. It appears that lots of folk enjoy the fact that he annoys lots of folk too much.

Jamie
    Free Member

Indeed. It would be boring if we all laughed at the same things. So they can go for something simpler, like Clarkson, Lee Mack or Michael McIntyre. There’s something for everyone these days.

*admires Darcy’s [fishing] rod*

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The use of the word slope as a racist term did it for me, considering the missus is Asian.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tom, can you just explain that one briefly for me please? (Genuine question.)

samuri
    Free Member

It’s not an act.
    His genius is convincing those he genuinely despises that it is.

This is it for me. He’s very good at convincing people that he’s just playing a game when in reality, these are his real, personal views.

What tipped it for me was when he drove up the arse of a cyclist in his range rover and then claimed the cyclist really wanted a fat, angry, impatient tosser in a 3 ton car right behind him.
    This created a huge backlash on twitter as well as masses of sociopathic vitriol from crazy/stupid people. Clarkson only complained about the cyclists tweets while ignoring the scarily nasty tweets to kill people in his timeline.

Think about that when you’re worshipping him.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It’s not an act.
    His genius is convincing those he genuinely despises that it is.

This is it for me. He’s very good at convincing people that he’s just playing a game when in reality, these are his real, personal views.

Of course they are his real personal views, I’m amazed that anyone should even doubt it.

And it is these real personal views which are all part of a highly lucrative act.

In the same as Stewart Lee’s real personal views are part of his, not quite so lucrative, act. Or did think that because it was part of an act Stewart Lee didn’t actually believe all the things he said ?

It’s precisely because I have little doubt that Clarkson is expressing his real personal views that I think he’s such a ****.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Or they don’t find him funny

Because it goes over their heads?

RustySpanner

Double post.
    Sorry.

RustySpanner

Funnily enough, the Top Gear/JC threads used to be packed with people saying just that;
    He didn’t mean a word of it.

Opinion appears to be changing and the media seem to have the smell of blood this time.
    Here’s hoping.

endurogangster
    Free Member

This is why my marmalade jar doesn’t have a golly wog on any more isn’t it!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Funnily enough, the Top Gear/JC threads used to be packed with people saying just that;
    He didn’t mean a word of it.

Really ? I’ve always tended to avoid the Top Gear/JC threads, basically cause I think Clarkson’s a ****. I haven’t read most of this thread. And TBH I’m not too sure what all the fuss is about this time, perhaps lack of interest has caused me to fail to understand what he has done that’s particularly outrageous.

Did I mention that I think he’s a **** ?

CountZero

Is Stuart Lee supposed to be funny?
    Yup Nope.

FTFY.

Or they don’t find him funny.
    Indeed. It would be boring if we all laughed at the same things. So they can go for something simpler, like Clarkson, Lee Mack or Michael McIntyre. There’s something for everyone these days.

Don’t find any of them funny either.
    I find very little current British ‘humour’ to be in any way amusing. Especially bloody McIntyre; do they issue the audience with tanks of NO to make them laugh at his pathetic attempts at ‘jokes’?

chewkw
    Free Member

How the hell do people get hold of the “unseen TG footage”?

If the footage is not publicly broadcasted then who released it?

😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Don’t find any of them funny either.
    I find very little current British ‘humour’ to be in any way amusing. Especially bloody McIntyre; do they issue the audience with tanks of NO to make them laugh at his pathetic attempts at ‘jokes’?

The suspense is killing me, come on, spit it out……..who do you actually find funny ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Somebody in the production team steals it and keeps it safe until they either find a new job or get pissed off then sells it to a newspaper for some cash.

chewkw
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

Somebody in the production team steals it and keeps it safe until they either find a new job or get pissed off then sells it to a newspaper for some cash. [/quote]

If it is stolen then it should be his personal private view so I don’t see a problem there.

Nobody is whiter than white put it this way and even for the individual(s) that sold the clip is not an angel but perhaps an opportunist thieving scumbag(s).

🙄

konabunny
    Free Member

Tom, can you just explain that one briefly for me please? (Genuine question.)

Which bit of his post is unclear? The bit about slope being a racist term?

anagallis_arvensis

‘m not sure Lee has hit the heights of his Top Gear sketch that often, but he is excellent. It’s a sophisticated humour – full of nuance

Stewart Lee’s comedy vehicle was the best thing on tv recently and the stuff he did post the Jerry Springer Opera controversy about vomitting into the gaping anus of christ was really quite funny.

Here he is talking about UKIP

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3HMhWB95ldQ

hora
    Free Member

I’ve gone from being a TG fan to not really caring. When I heard this I thought ‘and’? Its almost as though things are being said/or not to keep attention. Cynical but.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Hora +1

forget WGAF and ask why does anyone…..?

officialtob
    Free Member

Nice way to casually belittle everyone that actually does find him funny.

*Slow hand clap* 🙄

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I am not a fan of Clarkson however I must confess I did once read one of those ranty books he has had published, in the particular book I read he sets out a perfectly superb case for the twinnining of African villages and towns with British villages and towns instead of the european ones favoured by most British Town councils.
    The ideas he proposed was cross-pollination of school kids and assistance with development projects, maybe if he had actually initiated this superb idea he could have actually done something worthwhile, apologies for the lack of detail cannot remember the name of the book.

ninfan
    Free Member

Now, that Stephen K Amos, now he was funny – wonder why we don’t see much of him on TV any more?

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve just heard it on 5LIVE with an MP calling for him to be sacked.

He mumbles out the offensive words deliberately, going out of his way to say them. The MP said he must have thought the words, presumably so he wouldn’t say them, and for that reason he has to go. For thinking something through in order to avoid saying it!?

In this case it isn’t Clarkson who a waste of public money.

A non-story about something that didn’t happen spread by people who have their own agenda.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

His apology non-apology is odd.

Drac

Nice way to casually belittle everyone that actually does find him funny.

How is suggesting an audience needs a laughing gas (N20 that is not NO but never mind) belittling those that find him funny? Or is this another case of being outraged because you have the right?

Jamie
    Free Member

Now, that Stephen K Amos, now he was funny – wonder why we don’t see much of him on TV any more?

Clarkson got him blackballed.

slowoldman

The MP said he must have thought the words…

Ah 1984 at last.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

hora – Member

I’ve gone from being a TG fan to not really caring. When I heard this I thought ‘and’? Its almost as though things are being said/or not to keep attention. Cynical but.

I doubt that things are being said to draw attention, it’s hardly doing Clarkson or the BBC any favours when even David Cameron is forced to distance himself from the latest controversy his mate has caused.

Although I do share the bewilderment in trying to figure out why a clip, made apparently several years ago, never broadcast, and which needs a team of professional “audio forensic experts” to tell us whether or not we should be offended, is causing such a fuss when considering that Clarkson has been a **** for many years.

I don’t recall the incident in which Clarkson freely described someone as a “one eyed Scottish idiot”, which was clearly designed to deliberately insult and offend, and which he said directly facing a camera that he knew was recording him, causing him any serious problems or effecting his career.

So why the fuss over this latest story which was so ambiguous that the newspaper who broke it had to hire a team of experts so that we could be told if we had been offended ?

CaptJon
    Free Member

The point isn’t whether he actually annunciated ‘****’ but the choice of that rhyme. It is a rhyme that was popular when racism (casual and otherwise) was rife, and is clearly unacceptable by today’s standards. The people who wrote it into the script, who approved and who said it should all take responsibility. And presumably it wasn’t aired as it was deemed offensive.

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, thread has take an unexpected turn 😉
    I haven’t got my “own agenda”.. I think Clarkson is pretty much like a radio 1 DJ – has people convinced he’s a comedian, when he’s not remotely funny. Couldn’t give a toss if he’s sacked, imprisoned, lynched, whatever for saying the dreaded n-word, it’s the press reporting of it that wound me up (a little bit). I get more wound up driving on the motorway to work, to be honest.

MSP

So why the fuss over this latest story which was so ambiguous that the newspaper who broke it had to hire a team of experts so that we could be told if we had been offended ?

I think it comes on the back of his recent “slope” on a bridge insult. And also the recent stories about the American basketball club owner, and the banana throwing at Spanish football being turned into an anti-racism internet meme.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How is suggesting an audience needs a laughing gas (N20 that is not NO but never mind) belittling those that find him funny?

You can’t figure that out ? 🙂

And I’m still desperate to find out who CountZero actually finds funny. I want to be like him and only laugh at the correct comedians.

Jamie
    Free Member

This thread is very negative 🙁

teasel
    Free Member

Aww, don’t be sad, just post funny shit like you usually do…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And presumably it wasn’t aired as it was deemed offensive.

The plot thickens……should I be offended by something which wasn’t aired because it was deemed offensive ?

I think it comes on the back of his recent “slope” on a bridge insult.

I can see how that might add to the furore. I don’t pay much attention to what Clarkson says so perhaps I’m not too aware of who he’s been insulting recently.

Drac

The point isn’t whether he actually annunciated ‘****’ but the choice of that rhyme. It is a rhyme that was popular when racism (casual and otherwise) was rife, and is clearly unacceptable by today’s standards.

But the origin isn’t the one with the N word in that was just a version of it, my kids certainly don’t use that version. So how do we know what word he mumbled.

DezB
    Free Member

And I’m still desperate to find out who CountZero actually finds funny.

Ooh,ooh! I know the answer! It’s… ME 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

This thread is very dull.

As are most JC/TopGear threads.

Is the weather a bit shite ATM or perhaps other News stories more or less suppliment publication only?

The clips from 2012? Maybe you should have all got a bit shirty back then.

Junkyard
    Free Member

We got “shirty” when we saw it which, as you well know, was very recently. Its not like it has been out there since he said it and we have all waited to express an opinion.

A non-story about something that didn’t happen spread by people who have their own agenda.

Well it did happens its on film and everything.
    For sure they have their agenda they think he is a racist bigoted **** and want to see him sacked – mumbling the n word whilst trying really hard not to [ Does that sound credible to you? and why did he not think of another rhyme to do instead?*] is probably not the best way to disprove this suggestion

* I have never heard it tbh we did ip dib dog shit

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Clarkson 'n-word' furore!’ is closed to new replies.