Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone got a Nissan Note (small car advice)?
  • monkey_boy
    Free Member

the ole fiesta is getting on and starting to get to the point where major bits will need to be replaced anytime soon.

Been looking at small cars and the Nissan note seems to be coming top…

the car will rarely see a motorway but will need to carry a pram and 11 month old.

not fussed on either diesel or petrol, but economy is priority. the fiesta was a 1.4 tdci but i guess petrol will be ok.

not badge snobs oh and have about 6-6.5k to play with

cheers

Onzadog
    Free Member

I looked at one a few years ago and was stunned by just how small and unusable the load space was. Ended up with a jazz at the top of our list. However, in the end, our old car was repaired for less than we thought so we stuck with that.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

small and unusable the load space was

thats surprising, the reviews say its quite flexible, but i guess you cant tell until you see one in the flesh!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

I was trying to put a bike in it. The floor level was pretty high. There are other cars in that category with more useable space. Guess it depends what you want to put in it.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I have one, there is lots of space, however, the boot has a fake floor. The boot floor is the same level as the rear seats when folded over. However, the rear bench slides forwards and back meaning that for a small car you do have a deep boot. I packed 3 bikes a weekend of stuff and another person into mine.

Or you can slide the rear seats back and Terry is more room then there was in my mondeo for the person sitting behind me!!!

I have the desiel and I’m getting about 56-60mpg out of it. So far have not really had any mechanical issues, despite clocking up 40k miles in the last year, I work on a 18mile long construction site, so a fair few of those miles were not on paved road. Went through a wheel bearing though.

By the way, it is not a big car being based on a micra! But it does pack it in!

jimc101
    Free Member

Only had one as a hire car, and found it to be ok, but it didn’t have that solid feel you get with VW group cars. As Onzadog, it dosen’t have a huge amount of space in it. Considered one when I was looking to buy, but went for a Skoda Roomster, VW build quality but cheaper! and great for carrying bikes.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

Ooooh roomster, forgot about those, what engine do you have fella?

ianpinder
    Free Member

Also if it was my money I wouldn’t buy one. I’d get a boring desiel focus estate. For that money you would get a low milage one from a dealer

jimc101
    Free Member

Roomster 1.9tdi, got an almost fully loaded 3 spec.

I got mine back in December, had a look at quite a few, the main dealer ones were in better condition than indy traders at the time, for very similar money, would discount the 1.6 petrol, as it has a rep for being thirsty compaired to the diesel and 1.4 petrol. Went for the 1.9 as it has the almost the same economy as the 1.4 and is the same on insurance.

I do the oppossite of you for driving, have done about 4000 miles, about 3500 of that has been motorway, if mainly town driving, would look at the 1.4 petrol.

Also, with the Diesel, there are two 1.4 versions, the 80bhp is far better than the 70bhp version.

molgrips
    Free Member

Jazz! Biggest most usable interior of any ‘small’ car I reckon.

edhornby

kia Cee’d ? we have one and its surprisingly roomy

mudshark
    Free Member

I looked at smaller MPVs and went for a Roomster in the end, it seemed the best overall and drove well enough, it’s just the looks that are a negative really. I’m getting a new petrol one – with the better 1.2TSI 105bhp engine, BTW the dealer reckons these have been tested to have closer to 120bhp which sounds a bit unlikely.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I would have sold you my 56 plate Civic diesel for that…but part ex’d it instead. More sporty than a Note and not as easy to get in and out of the back seats, but the load space is very generous for what it is. The flip up back seats meant I could get my (road) bike across the back of the car in one piece and still have an empty boot space. Great driving position too.

mudshark
    Free Member

Just to add another option, some like the C3 Picasso but I didn’t like the driving position and it looks worse than a Roomster to me.

Parkers like the Roomster better too:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/skoda/roomster-2006.aspx

rOcKeTdOg

Had a note for 3 years, loads of room, versatile load space, I run a tow bar rack on mine, takes for adults comfily on long journeys, 1.4 petrol here doing 47-50mpg running around

spooky_b329

Also have a look at the Ford Fusion. Its basically a Fiesta estate, big and roomy inside, no lips or light clusters in the way of the boot opening, and a clever front passenger seat that folds forwards for long loads. Only downside is the suspension can be a little firm due to it being taller. Love ours. (1.6 Petrol)

monkey_boy
    Free Member

cheers all, again were not fussy just want the best economy

rOcKeTdOg

takes for adults

🙄

four obviously

molgrips
    Free Member

My parents’ friends have an Accord and a Jazz. My dad phones me up, we chat, conversation turns to cars. “Their Jazz has tons of room in the back, two of us back there were very comfortable” “You mean the Accord?” “No, the Jazz”.

They choose the Jazz over the Accord in some situations even to take four adults. Impressive for a small car imo.

tonyg2003

I have an Accord and have a new Jazz as a loan car today (service). The Jazz is pretty impressive for a small car. It is though build to a price – theyt seem to have left most of the sound insulation out! I can see though if you find getting into a car difficult you would prefer a Jazz over an Accord.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a Nissan Note (small car advice)?’ is closed to new replies.