Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone Got a Canon G7X?
  • tom200

New baby on the way this week so a good excuse to get a new camera. Looking at a G7X or Sony RX100. I like how canons work and the RX100 looks a bit fiddly in comparison.

Anyone on here used both? I know lots of you have RX100s.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I have the GX7. Took me a while to decide between the Canon and Sony. I’d also read about the Sony not been the most user friendly and having Canon cameras before I went with the GX7. It has been a great camera and when I’ve given it to others to use its been fool proof as the camera has always captured some great shots so long it’s pointed in the right direction. I’ve hardly touched my SLR since getting this camera.
    The only snag has been the lack of a view finder. At first I found it awkward but soon got used to using the screen and since I’m not as flexible as I used to be angling the screen has made it easier to get those low shots as well the overhead ones.
    The NFC and Wifi connections is good for sending pics to your phone/tablet/laptop quickly. The mobile app makes a pretty good remote too.

Between the Canon and Sony there isn’t a great deal but you really need to handle them both to see which you prefer.

tom200

Thanks, I think I will go for the canon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Got a Canon G7X?’ is closed to new replies.