Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone going to be driving in Switzerland? A stupid mistake thread.
  • igm

Due to missing a junction coming back from Annecy, I drove one junction on the Swiss motorway system.

This has left me the proud owner of a 2016 Swiss motorway sticker. (And it has left the Swiss government roughly €40 richer).

We didn’t stick it on the windscreen, so if you want it shout up.

Best story of a stupid mistake or perhaps biggest contribution to charity wins – my choice, but I haven’t made my yet. Possibly a combination of the two if someone wants to propose a scoring system more complex than Olympic boxing.

igm

And my next stupid mistake was “wrong forum”

wysiwyg
    Free Member

If you can get it to Pila in 24hrs, sure 😉

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

This happened to us, we refused to pay, so they just moved some cones so we could turn round and drive back into France on the other carriageway (we then turned off at the next junction crossed the border on an A road, re joined the motorway at the next junction in Switzerland).

zerocool

The Swiss sods caught us out a few years ago with this.
    I was only dropping a mate off from Morzine as a favour and got stung for 40€ to travel 1 junction of their motorway on the way back.

My top tip is to never stick them to the windscreen and then either give away to someone(as you did) or eBay it for a tenner.

birky
    Free Member

My top tip is to never stick them to the windscreen and then either give away to someone(as you did) or eBay it for a tenner.

These used to change hands for about 15 quid on a motorbike site I was on.
    I’ve bought one in the summer for the motorbike and will reuse it later this month in the car.

big_scot_nanny

If you’re not driving much in CH, it is a bit of a piss take I agree.

Just a wee word from a resident – they are not actually valid unless they are stuck to the windscreen. Just displaying it does not count and could result in further fines. Bit cheeky (unfair) of them not to specify that when you buy it.

Not that the swiss are sticklers for their rules and processes or anything. Oh, hang on a minute… 😉

nickjb
    Free Member

If ask the lady selling tickets she’ll point you to the gap in the wall where you can turn around and go back the way you came. It seemed a common enough thing to do.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone going to be driving in Switzerland? A stupid mistake thread.’ is closed to new replies.