• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by roper.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone fractured their metatarsal?
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’ve had pain across the top of my foot when standing up for about three weeks, and last night noticed some bruising and minor swelling.

It’s a self-diagnosis, but I think I’ve fractured a small bone in my foot. Having broken toes and fractured ribs in the past I’ve seen the symptoms before.

So before I head to the quacks/walk-in centre to try and organise an X-ray, what should I be doing to help a speedy recovery?

(Unfortunately I’ve lost Rooney and Beckham’s numbers, otherwise I’d give them a shout.)

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Broke my over-training. Ignored it, keep running and training on it. 8yrs on, walk on the outside of my foot as my big toe joint won’t flex. Don’t ignore it.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Yip a couple of times. Because I know what I’m doing I ignored it.

pirahna
    Free Member

Broke the one on the outside of my right foot. Definitely get it looked at, then spend three months walking around wearing a funny looking sandal that’s higher at the front than the back.

cardo

Broke all but one of them in my foot after a car accident, not massively painful just very uncomfortable and walking and putting weight on my foot was impossible…. My foot swelled up whilst in a semi cast thing everytime I stood up , now that was painful !
    You need to get it checked out TBH and keep your foot elevated as much as possible. It took me 3 months to be able to use my foot properly for biking , running, standing on top toes etc
    Good luck

MoreCashThanDash

My wife broke hers a few years back. Limped around for 3 weeks before deciding to pop to the minor injuries unit and get it checked.

She walked into A&E having driven herself there, came out in a wheelchair with a cast from toe to knee…. 🙄

ads678

Broke all mine in my left foot when I was a kid. Dropped a paving slab on it, whilst propping it for my dad who was reslabbing the garden. Doctor said I was lucky it didn’t cut my foot in half as one half was hanging over another slab at the time, and it was probably my snoopy boots that saved me. Always wear good quality shoes people!!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Off to A&E tonight then to get an x-ray.

Yip a couple of times. Because I know what I’m doing I ignored it.

Reassuring wanmankylung – you sound like a doctor. 😉

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Broke the outside one on my right foot windsurfing. Wind dropped, I dropped off the back of the board and didn’t realise I was over a sandbar and going into 4 feet of water rather than 8ish. Rode my motorbike to casualty the next day so I could park closer and refused to be plastered. Was signed off work for a month.

End of week one, walking to the end of the road was very painful.
    End of week two, I could manage a mile to the local shops.
    End of week three, back out on the bike for 20 miles plus with no pain.

superfli
    Free Member

Broke mine playing footy. Kicked someones studs very hard. It hurt, but I soldiered on! Pain at work the next day, so went to “walk/hobble in clinic” where it was diagnosed as broken meta.
    I was in plaster for maybe 3 weeks. Very annoying, especially as I had 2 stag do’s and a usher at a wedding to attend!

mudmuncher

Broke my 5th metatarsal (outside of foot) 5 weeks ago. Only really been able to walk properly in the last week, still tender. Think it will be another 2-3 weeks before it is back to normal.

roper
    Free Member

I broke my 5th into three pieces and had an operation to screw them back together. I was running within three months and all has been fine since. I can sometimes feel a screw if I wear tight climbing shoes ( ooh err Missus).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone fractured their metatarsal?’ is closed to new replies.