Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Anyone following the Giro?
  • RealMan
    Free Member

http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/Giroditalia/2011/en/

Stage 1 starting in 4 hours. Wasn’t planning on following it, but it sounds much better then revision.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

yeah, higher english is next Friday, Giro is today, i know which im doing…

Italian Druggies all the way

bomba
    Free Member

Hell yeah!

The 2010 version was awesome and this year they’ve made it even tougher. Apparently, Contador’s been trialing a 34×32 combo for one of the mountain stages!
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-scarponi-and-sastre-fear-giro-ditalia-mountain-finishes

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Yep, will be following online coverage over the next three weeks. Routing for Cav for a couple (or more?) stage wins until he probably bows out in the latter half of the second week and would like to see Nibali for the GC.

The TTT looks pretty tricky, lots of short straight sections & 90 degree bends would make it hard to get a really good flow going. Still hoping HTC for the win today.

davetrave
    Free Member

Yes. And entered fantasy Giro here (as well as TdF and Vuelta…).

RealMan
    Free Member

Apparently, Contador’s been trialing a 34×32 combo for one of the mountain stages!

Yeah, I saw that. It’s nice to know I gear my bike higher then Contador.

Who is meant to win it this year?

crazy-legs

Yep, bring it on! Giro is a really good race – not as much hoo-ha as the Tour, often don’t get as many of the big names but they have some great stages, they’re quite innovative (like last years section which was half off road on a horrendously wet day!)

I love TTT as well and to have that for an opening stage is pretty innovative too, should mix things up a bit. Last years Vuelta started with a night time TTT actually, that was fantastic to watch.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Would love to but now we have binned Sky and therefore Eurosport is anyone on freesat covering it? Or BBC or ITV?

glenh
    Free Member

Some of the stages and combination of stages in this year’s Giro look awesome. Really hard. I can’t wait 🙂

p.s. tracker – you can get eurosport on the web, either officially for a small fee, or free if you look around.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

To start answering my question I am ok if I can learn Italian by the start in a few hours…
    http://www.steephill.tv/giro-d-italia/#live

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

is anyone on freesat covering it? Or BBC or ITV?

I don’t think so. I was planning on finding an online feed via cyclingfans hopefully the eurosport video feed will be available. if not I’ll probably end up trying to follow something with crazy dutch commentary.

glenh
    Free Member

The eurosport links on there should come live at some point. If worst come to the worst, I watch the Italian video feed with the free eurosport audio.

bomba
    Free Member

Who is meant to win it this year?

Contador’s the favourite. Depends on how his off-season doping training has been going… 🙂

crazy-legs

Would love to but now we have binned Sky and therefore Eurosport is anyone on freesat covering it? Or BBC or ITV?

If anyone is in London, the Look Mum No Hands cafe/workshop/hangout is showing it live everyday on the big screen.

RealMan
    Free Member

Is the eurosport audio only feed working for anyone?

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/audioplayer.html

cove123
    muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Looks like HTC for the TTT win.

Radio Shack going well though.

tang
    Free Member

I’m in! the classics were ace, bring on the tours! this giro looks hard, cav must be grumbling. still he has got the worlds to look forward to, flat as a pancake app.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

did that radio crash?

fatboyslo
    Free Member

As DS of my team I’m in …

Carlos SASTRE CANDIL
    Mark CAVENDISH THR
    Jérôme PINEAU QST
    Thomas LÖVKVIST SKY
    Rinaldo NOCENTINI ALM
    Russell DOWNING SKY
    Robert HUNTER RSH
    Cameron MEYER GRM
    Kristof VANDEWALLE

Fingers crossed for a good 3 weeks.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Stage 7 last year was awesome. one of the best stages i have ever watched.

Good to see cuddles win!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Anyone following the Giro?’ is closed to new replies.