Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone experienced a really tense / tight trapezoidal muscle?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

My left trap’ has felt really tight for a couple of weeks and is making my arm and hand feel weird. Any tips for relief? Any ideas if it can impinge on a nerve and affect my arm and hand?

DS

woody2000

It needs triggering DS – you need to get someone to find the “knot”, then get stuck in – elbows are good. I get them pretty badly in the same place, my good lady is a physio so I get “relieved” by her (ooeer). It’s not pleasant, but the relief afterwards is very welcome.

derek_starship
    Free Member

w2000 – is it normal to affect the arm / hand?

I’m just getting a bit concerned…left arm feeling weird, the odd finger spasm.

Ta.

woody2000

I should have said “Sounds like…..”

I daresay if you’ve got a tight muscle in your neck, then you might just be holding yourself differently which could cause an odd feeling elsewhere. I am in no way qualified to tell you this BTW, I just get the info from my better half 🙂

Docs would be better 🙂

Marmoset
    Free Member

Mine were caused by being too laid back whilst driving many years ago – I now sit bolt upright to keep neck more upright – apparently the msucles tense up to protect the nerve if you slouch too much. I had some ultrasound done on mine and within 3 sessions it was a lot better.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Tell me a bit more about it. Could be a lot of things.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone experienced a really tense / tight trapezoidal muscle?’ is closed to new replies.