Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)
  • Anyone else stopped racing since strava?
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB – Member

Wow if that is him, bit of tool?

well, the average cyclist has only got themselves to blame – for being sofuckinguseless they cant ride properly without attending a skills course.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

True

I’m not totally convinced myself that I’ve found our man, however, this is a pearler and fits the bill…

I have never raced professionally, never graced a world cup podium, and never will. But what I do have is a very specific set of skills, developed over a very long time, skills that will guarantee you progress as a rider and skills that will put your riding goals within your grasp.

mooman
    Free Member

Why is it every great story teller .. has served time in the army?

edd

Has anyone found Rich/ Richard Kelly on strava?

Yea, he doesn’t seem to have any KOM’s 🙁

devs
    Free Member

benji
    Free Member

Why is it every great story teller .. has served time in the army?

Not sure but reminds of the radio comedy “down the line” if you’ve seen the things I’ve seen/pack a van full of explosives, bosh job done.

Having watched/cringed through some of that *cough ‘skills’ video I can’t decide if I want it to be him or not.

I’m just glad I’m not crap enough to need his advice!

ron70
    Free Member

I’m just glad I’m not crap enough to need his advice!

But he has given good advice though tbh! 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

crosshair
    Free Member

Wow! What an awful video! Cringe-tastic. He reminded me a bit of a bad Frank Spencer impersonator 😀

mcmoonter
    Free Member

More awesome than Surfmatt. FACT?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/could-chainless-night-riding-be-the-new-niche

Always remember winning a race years ago when my chain snapped, thought I’d never make it to the finish line but persistence and a positive mind spurred me on, couldn’t believe it but sometimes a good core position and pumping is far better than pedaling and not having the flow, sometimes it is good to take the chain off on purpose and learn to pump down a track…maybe I should be doing this on certain courses I teach

getonyourbike
    Free Member

cruzcampo – Member
    and regarding peaty

“richmtbguru – Member
    Ive taught mountain biking skills to a high level, Even tuitioned some up and coming pros…but never and I mean never do I think I could do anything for this chap! and Ive never said that to anyone before!”Reading that again in this thread genuinely made me laugh. Real race and series wins/podiums count for far more than imaginary Strava KOMs.

ron70
    Free Member

richmtbguru – Member
    Hmmm… Very surprised at how nobody has mentioned the obvious!
    Over 90% of the reason we get punctures is purely down to riding styles, the main key here is to stay loose and light on the bike, try ‘skim’ over the rocks instead of riding ‘through’ them.
    I’ve been teaching bike skills for a long time now and this is one of the basics I go through with my clients, always stay ‘positive’ and visualise skimming over.
    Another lesson I always go through with my clients is to do what I call the bald tyre riding technique which forces the learner to control the back end without having to rely on ‘grip’ this is also good for learning to drift properly, I cover this aspect of riding in one of my advanced courses, please do NOT try this on your own! Make sure to have a highly skilled mtb instructor with you and always wear full body armour for this one, and a helmet but that goes without saying! Good luck.

POSTED 20 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST 😆

ojom
    Free Member

i am nursing THE biggest boner right now.

ron70
    Free Member

ojom – Member
    i am nursing THE biggest boner right now.

POSTED HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Me too! I keep looking to see what’s happening, please come back rich, you are my hero 🙂

cruzcampo
    Free Member

“Always remember winning a race years ago when my chain snapped, thought I’d never make it to the finish line but persistence and a positive mind spurred me on, couldn’t believe it but sometimes a good core position and pumping is far better than pedaling and not having the flow, sometimes it is good to take the chain off on purpose and learn to pump down a track…maybe I should be doing this on certain courses I teach”

WHAT HAS BEEN READ CANNOT BE UNREAD 😯

Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else stopped racing since strava?’ is closed to new replies.