• This topic has 46 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Anyone else on work wind down a bit early?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Mmmm I’m struggling to look busy!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I don’t even pretend to look busy anymore.

jota180
    Free Member

I just came home early after sending an email asking if there was anything else to do after finishing my allocated calls for today.

Radio on loud, did’t hear the phone 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

trying to look busy is harder than being busy

warton
    Free Member

mid october, just after I’ve finished my getting back up to speed after summer period

bombjack
    Free Member

I stopped looking busy last Friday. I’ve been left alone in the office for 4 days and I’ve eaten an entire tub of celebrations.
    Only tomorrow to go and I’m outta here till the 5th.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’m in mon/tues next week as the roofers are being grabbing bastards. God only knows what I’m gonna do. I even bleached all the lads tea mugs this morning 🙄

gazc
    Free Member

we just went for a curry for our lunch.. . . . . 😕

thebunk

Someone put a beaker of wine on my desk at lunchtime. Have been sipping at it whilst finishing off a proposal.

Not sure if this is a good thing or just sad, but wine is wine.

binners

There’s eff all work taking place here. We’ve just spent the last hour talking about the things we could be doing instead. Going to the pub was the outright winner

As we can’t do that, I’ve taken to producing potentially libellous and deeply offensive photoshop montages of my colleagues

grenosteve
    Free Member

Been a few weeks now.. I’m bored and spending more and more time on STW. 🙂 Only Monday and Tuesday to go though. 🙂 🙂

ton

all gone home here….I am all alone. finish on monday

Drac

I’m off just heading to the pub.

toby1

If only, I’m in till Tuesday next week and have just been in a meeting with the head of Europe who is over for the Christmas party I’m not going to tonight.

I’ve got quite a lot on for the time of year!

pt0608
    Free Member

I have a resourcing meeting to do, and them I’m done.

Wooooooo.

sandwicheater

I’m watching Sherlock Homes while sat at work, ho hum.

Bregante

You must be bloody joking!

I’ve worked 18 night shifts in the past 3 weeks. 10 hrs a night of sitting in bushes in the pissing rain to catch thieving scrotes. Two more nights to go and then straight back in on earlies.

I love it really.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Catching thieving scrotes does sound like fun.

Bregante

Oh believe me it is.

I do however seem to have contracted trenchfoot and pneumonia or bubonic plague or something.

So far the count is at 6 who will be eating their Christmas dinner courtesy of her majesty. :mrgreen:

tonyplym
    Free Member

A leisurely lunch with the team at the local Chinese restaurant today; another “do” tomorrow lunchtime with a wider group of work colleagues which may (if past experience is anything to go by) eventually develop into a significant drinking session, helped by the fact that tomorrow is pay day.

badnewz
    Free Member

Pretty much done for the year just need to finish a couple of short reports.

sandwicheater

Bregante earlier

[/url]bush hide by sandwicheater1, on Flickr[/img]

allthepies
    Free Member

Good work.

Having been robbed by said thieving scrotes this year, your efforts are appreciated 🙂

Bregante

😆 at sandwicheater.

My little team of lads and lasses look more like this though

😀

john_drummer
    Free Member

AFAIK i’m working until 5pm on the 24th, then off until the 5th. However I’ve been off all week with manflu, so I have no idea what’s really happening

mattbee

Nope. Was all set for a 2 week break from tomorrow but one of our clients has some major emergency remedial work that they begged us to do, so now working until End of Tues, and back in for all of the next week apart from NY day.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I was hoping to finish up tomorrow but now looks like I’ll be working up to lunchtime on Christmas eve and may have to work Saturday morning.

ourmaninthenorth

Haven’t had a day off since July. So am finishing abruptly tomorrow – but so busy it’s unbelievable.

Thankfully I’m on holiday until the 2nd so I ought to find some quiet days to get done work done without being in a meeting/on a call/calming down emotional types before they wreck the supplier relationships.

bearnecessities

Yes. Yes I am. Merry Christmas!

tomhoward

I’ve been told I dont look busy enough in the busy periods, never mind the quiet ones. (I am, i just dont make a song and dance about it like my colleagues….) As it happens it’s our busiest time of year at the moment, so no slow down for me just yet. January however…

PJ266
    Free Member

Working until 1pm on Christmas Eve, I will then be unemployed (voluntarily) very much on the wind down now!

neilthewheel

@ bregante. Are they the cops? How’s a chap to tell the goodies from the baddies? Eee they’re not like when I was a lad. Clip round the earwith their cape and don’t do it again drone drone

Bregante

Are they the cops?

And that’s just the lady ones 😀

metalheart
    Free Member

Well, I’m about to do a spot of OT and as everybody else is off to Christmas lunch it looks like I’m departmental duty sub tomorrow 😯

But I finish up for a fortnight after tomorrow. Ask again then…. :mrgreen:

donks
    Free Member

:xAfter being told we’re finishing at 12 on the 24th I booked tickets for the afternoon to see the Hobbit with the kids.
    My employers parting shot tonight was that by hook or crook we need to get the drawings out before we break up….. I can’t start these till tues and there’s at least 20 hours work there!!!!

Er kids… We’re not going now, and yes I know I’ve paid for the tickets.

And the **** things will just sit there over the hols and into the new year… But the ayatollah has spoken.

wrightyson
    Free Member

That’s^^ a bit shit to be fair! Great way to get your “team” on side eh?

bigblackshed

Finished at 12 today. Back to work on the 3rd January. Yes it’s weekend but then there’s no management in, so it feels like half a day off.

I shall be attempting to ride my bicycle this weekend after being told to by my quack. Whoop whoop.

matt_outandabout

Desperately trying to get everything done I need to…before 12 tomorrow…

tobymc

In the workshop until 3 on the 24th. Back in on the 3rd and then every day until its done. Oak doors for the super-rich innit – I do love a tight mitre though…..

kiwijohn

Been on holiday for 2 weeks already.
    Work was quiet this year & I’ve got 6 months of leave to use up. Might go back some time in January.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else on work wind down a bit early?’ is closed to new replies.