Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Anyone else on the Sussex coast getting terrified by the rain….
  • DrP

Seriously; it’s as if someone is in the sky with a pressure washer aiming it directly at my house….
    I’ve never witnessed such ‘heavy’ rain!
    Bonkers loud on the Velux windows…I wouldn’t want to be out in this!

DrP

wwaswas

It’s a tad blowy too.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Nuts on the Hants Coast too
    Just hit 35+mph

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Try living on Anglesey. That’s called spring!

molgrips
    Free Member

They are saying that this year is one of the hottest globally, and that currently it’s very hot indeed.

Ok so it’s not hot here, but warmer air means more violent weather which can travel.

pictonroad

It’s not actually that bad, you’ve just never heard heavy rain on a velux before have you, it always sounds apocalytic. You ex bungalow dwellers want to hear it when it’s properly heavy.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

We’re in a tent on the south coast as i type, some of you men need a cup of MTFU! Its just a bit of weather innit 😆

bullheart
    Free Member

Velux windows? Flash bastard.

jodafett

Tent? Poor bastard.

welshfarmer

It must have moved over from South Wales. Earlier today I was in the indoor cattle market and we thought the roof was going to come in it was so heavy. Could barely see it got so dark. And just when you thought it was as heavy as it could possibly get, it was like someone changed up a gear and it got even worse. Impressive. I love wild weather

PS I have 6 Velux windows in my gaff, does that make me proper posh 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

Its an El Nino year innit… Just wait until winter this year as its going to get biblical (for once the Daily Express might get it right). The Northern Pacific is about 3.5C warmer than it usually is this time of year 😯

Rubber_Buccaneer

Well I wasn’t worried until you mentioned it but the rain has been hammering down my flue liner. Patching so not quite the coast, a little sea swell may improve the area 🙂

CountZero

It’s set to be more settled after Wednesday, which is good, ‘cos I’ll be camping for nine days on the South Devon coast, in a field looking out to open sea, starting a week Friday.
    I’m usually fairly lucky with the weather when I go down there, fingers crossed, I am this year; previously I’ve been in b&b…
    In a pub.

BillMC

Tornado in Northampton. Richly deserved.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/must_see/34250132

shermer75
    Free Member

It’s snowing in Sligo

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GbkOwoZLey0[/video]

paladin

Bit damp in Vietnam too, they call it monsoon I believe…

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Nope, just you, the Imperial conservatory isn’t leaking yet so it’s not raining too hard.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

We survived the second night intact BUT many others didn’t, there will be lots of reminants of tents in the bins at This campsite today! Our Gobi 4 geodesic jobbie seems to be sturdier than most, and a massive thumbs up for DD tarps because that hasn’t flinched yet either

hammyuk
    Free Member

Countzero – Thursday is set to be the worst day yet!!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Lawmanmx – Member
    We survived the second night intact BUT many others didn’t, there will be lots of reminants of tents in the bins at This campsite today! Our Gobi 4 geodesic jobbie seems to be sturdier than most, and a massive thumbs up for DD tarps because that hasn’t flinched yet either

This will be you next with such bold declarations…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4NN3cltuuY[/video]

boxelder

Lovely in the Lakes – we always miss out, it’s rubbish here.

jam-bo

Our outwell bear lake was holding up ok on the north coast of Cornwall yesterday, until when taking the canopy someone tripped and fell on the tent and tore a 2ft hole on one of the seams. Game over.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I remember a good few years ago now a storm that blew in over the Solent, my word it was spectacular. On occasion you get these super Low Pressure systems roll in during Autumn and they’re great for windsurfing in. This one however was something else, much like the one you probably are feeling the effects of.

I took some excellent photos of swirling clouds and torrential downpours interspersed with broken cloud and blazing sunshine.

Bizarre.

hammyuk
    Free Member

I think I recall that one Bikebouy – bonkers watching the IoW disappear in seconds, the swell was insane. There were a few kits surfers taking a pounding that day!
    IIRC it was the storm that shattered my 3.2m Delta – snapped the carbon spine in about 5 places…..
    Was fun while it lasted though!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ha! indeed.. I had a 75ltr wavecult and 3.5 my smallest and I just couldn’t keep both down. The only thing I broke that day was my desire to go out in mental winds 😆

#leaveittothebraveboys

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Looks like we’re getting another beating weather wise, its a bit moist but we’re Still standing 😀 hopefully drier for tomorrow when we’re packing up.
    We are the only tent left in the field BTW, Tough us northerners 😆 tough and Dumb!

DaRC_L

but warmer air means more violent weather which can travel.

Is that like a vindaloo after a few lagers? 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else on the Sussex coast getting terrified by the rain….’ is closed to new replies.