Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Definitive Wyre Forest Route Wanted.
  • rOcKeTdOg

Was mickarms the chap who used to have a tiger print paint job on his inbred

Yep

jossrennocks
    Free Member

Bonesetter that would be awesome. Drop me an email at jossrennocks@gmail.com and we can sort something out. Im pretty keen.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I’ll be in the Wyre at some point tomorrow am. Fat git on a blue Swift, give us a wave/push/cake

Houns

Another local here. Not rode the Wyre this year though 😳

rOcKeTdOg

Super dry & slightly over grown in places atm

mboy
    Free Member

Was mickarms the chap who used to have a tiger print paint job on his inbred I think it was ?

If so he absolutely destroyed me up the wyre a few years ago.

Mick destroyed you? Cor, you MUST be slow! 😉

LOL, sorry, just trying to bait him…

Mick is mainly to be found on a road bike or competing at TKD these days, but he does occasionally still get out round the Wyre…

Renton, pop in the shop soon, introduce yourself. Fellow “long travel” 29er rider here, and will definitely be doing a Wyre ride at some point over the next week or two. If you REALLY want your legs torn off round there, I can certainly arrange for that by inviting a certain couple of “Wild Boars” members along too! :mrgreen:

poonprice
    Free Member

If you can’t find a good bit of riding in the Wyre then I don’t think you like bikes. Its not super exciting but its great for going for a fun ride. You can easily knock out 15 – 20 miles without duplicating trails.

Strava explore trails like

Jumpies
    Jungle Run
    Jedi (that rocketdogs pics from)
    Double death
    3 Bears
    Pepsi Max
    Camber
    Caravan

to name a few….

Don’t forget to go explore over button oak side.

Sorry I can’t provide any decent GPX.

renton
    Free Member

Cheers mboy. I will pop in as I need a couple of gear cables.

As for getting my legs tore off. Not for me at the moment, I’m trying to rebuild my fitness level to something acceptable and also lose a boat load of weight so slow and steady wins the day. I think I would blow up within 10 minutes and then be knackered for the rest of the ride. :mrgreen:

andysredmini
    Free Member

Would that be the same wild bores who feel the need to replicate all the popular strava segments but adding wild bores before the new name?

GolfChick
    Free Member

Ah but then you get the chance for two KOMs rather than just one. That’s probably why I now have about 17 QOMs when there aren’t even 17 single runs in the forest!

cakefacesmallblock

Should be up there middle day. Helping nurse a mate back to fitness, so I expect to be mostly on or near the xc course today.
    Ridden every day this week and ruined meself at Hopton yesterday morning, ( partly due to forgotten back pack and a 500 ml bottle of water in each short pocket was miserable) ,so I’m pleased it will be a steady one.

renton
    Free Member

Xc course ……… ? Tell me more !!

cakefacesmallblock

Midlands xc hold a round at Buttonoak. The course varies slightly , but it’s easily “follow able”.
    I’m utterly ‘e’inept , so can’t send you a file.
    In essence: From the car park above Buttonoak ( Earnwood Copse) , although there are a number of ways of achieving this Take the first track into the woods on your right, literally 6 metres from the road, then follow your nose ( or the fairly obvious tyre trail) , effectively it’s an elongated rectangle which brings you back to where you started, with the start and finisish lines still visible on the fire roads at a clearing. You can get straight to start and finish by going round the gate and straight ahead , over the road from the car park. Nothing of any technical note on it at all. But it makes for a nice little warm up loop or something to do ‘laps ‘ on if time is short.
    This must be on Strava somewhere, though I’m sure.

z1ppy

andysredmini – Member
    Would that be the same wild bores who feel the need to replicate all the popular strava segments but adding wild bores before the new name?

Yep, I’m with you on this one.. I mean cause no one rode there pre the ‘wild bores’
    (Damn thought I was being funny there but I see Andy beat me to it)

cakefacesmallblock

I’ve ridden up there for about 15 years now, on and off. At me own pace or with a small group. Odd repair or clearing if it’s needed. I still ‘find’ new bits now and then and am sure there are some just ridden by a handful. It will all get ‘franchised’ in due course. 😉

mboy
    Free Member

Ah but then you get the chance for two KOMs rather than just one. That’s probably why I now have about 17 QOMs when there aren’t even 17 single runs in the forest!

Not 17 single runs in the Forest?

😆

There’s hundreds in there, you’ve just got to know where to look! I thought I knew a lot, but some guys I’ve ridden with recently have shown me loads of tracks I didn’t even know existed.

sargey

Another wollaston local here,there’s a few about.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I’m not from Wollaston, but it’s within walking distance.
    Beer in the Unicorn, curry at the RedForte please.

rOcKeTdOg

What’s the pub opposite the entrance to M.S.park called? Had lovely pint of enville white in there a few times

Houns

The Plough & Harrow. Sister pub of my local The Duke.

You won’t get Enville in there now but you will in the waggon a little further down the road

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Plough is one of my favourite boozers – cracking in the winter when the fires are lit, it’s difficult to leave sometimes!

rOcKeTdOg

The New Inn Dodford had Enville Ale on Wednesday night’s ride 🙂

cjr61

Sorry for the hijack but how’s Clent riding at the moment?

bonesetter
    Free Member

cjr61 – Member
    Sorry for the hijack but how’s Clent riding at the moment?

bone dry and fast

The current downpoour we’re having (9.24 am) will just firm things a little as the sun’s returning a little later by all accounts

rOcKeTdOg

11am still chucking it down here, I’m counting on your forecast Bonesetter

andysredmini
    Free Member

This bit of rain will be good for clent. It’s very dry and loose in places at the moment.

cjr61

Excellent, spin around Clent tomorrow for me then. Any route suggestions? Start in main carpark by cafe?

andysredmini
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry where you start from. It’s not a huge place. Even if you get lost its not far to get back to where you started. I usually ride from home or work and have a few good routes but nothing that ends up back where I started.

renton
    Free Member

Mboy what’s your email address mate ? Need to ask you a question.

Cheers.

Steve

mikeryan
    Free Member

Sorry I have not been back on sooner to share my details.
    If you look for “Mike Ryan” on strava and my avatar is Eddie Hitler from bottom.

There seems to be a lot of segments that I am not familiar with reading other posts on this thread. Lots of natural single track and the odd jump.

I prefer to stay the other side of the wood i.e. the river side and work my way around there. I ride with a group on a Thursday and we like the Wyre so end up there most weeks. we also ride Clent but there are a few to many dog walkers. I have collided with someone on the downhill from Walton and I don’t want to have to apologise to any more.

There is the Lickeys which is my local and there are some good descents there but it does suffer when it rains.

There are lots of rides you can view on my strava. Sorry have not got a GPX device yet. Its on my wish list as the iphone gps is a bit pants.

If you want to get in touch to arrange an evening ride my email is mryan@blueyonder.co.uk

Mike

bonesetter
    Free Member

we also ride Clent but there are a few to many dog walkers. I have collided with someone on the downhill from Walton and I don’t want to have to apologise to any more.

Poor Form Mr Hitler – there should never be any reason to collide with anyone, down the Walton decent or otherwise

MTB’ing is tolerated over Clent, and can only so by the sensitivities of riders to walkers, something you say you haven’t as you don’t even want to apologise for your bad actions

I have been riding Clent regularly for 15 years and never collided with anyone – I just expect the unexpected, so nothing is a surprise. I slow to dead slow for walkers and pass with a smile – all’s good

Plus, if you know Clent well, you will ride where you hardly see a dog

mikeryan
    Free Member

No I did apologise profusely to the poor walker. Luckily it was just a little bruising for him.

What I mean is would rather not have to apologise by not hitting them in the first place. I understand the mutual tolerance of bikers over there and don’t want to jeopardise it.

I try to and ride when there is less people up there i.e. late evenings and when its not sunny.

I blame strava anyway. If only I did not have a time to compete against.

On the note of clent, I was up there last night and the adms hill descent has now become an official trail. In the process it has now been ruined. Half way down it doubles back up the hill causing you to loose all momentum. The new trail has eroded terribly already and it has only just been put in so given a few more weeks and a lot more rain its going to be impassable. I much preferred the natural feel it had before.

jossrennocks
    Free Member

Mike Ryan

Just sent you a follow request on Strava so I can pinch some of your routes (if you dont mind).

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Definitive Wyre Forest Route Wanted.’ is closed to new replies.