• This topic has 44 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Dave.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Anyone else on here that really doesn't like FeeBay rip off! merchants?
  • kaesae
    Free Member

There's this trader on ebay that sells bearing kits for Kona's, he claims that they are quality sealed bearing kits like BETD goldtec.

He even at one point was showing a photo of a BETD packet but had to remove it. Now he's showing a photo of some enduro max bearings and claiming his bearings are weather proofed into the bargain.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BEARING-KIT-FOR-KONA-STINKY-COILER-STAB-2001-07-15-39_W0QQitemZ250597718591QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item3a58c9ba3f

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BEARING-KIT-FOR-KONA-STINKYS-2006-2007-16-99_W0QQitemZ250587894754QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item3a5833d3e2

I have some of the bearings here and all they are is cheap Chinese rubbish. Does anyone else disagree with blatant misrepresentation like this and has anyone on here bought one of these kits for their Kona?

If you have bought one of these kits, check it twice as often and good luck!

cynic-al
    Free Member

But you sell similar products don't you? Why wouold you have been buying them on ebay?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I love the smell of irony in the morning.

wwaswas

what KINGTUT said.

kaesae
    Free Member

Simple to see if they were actually BETD goldtec or a similar quality.

Unlike most people I don't just condemn others without investigating the actual facts and my judgments are based on the truth.

Not a very popular philosophy with all the HOOHAA TV brain washed idiots but hey I like to be different and get the job done.

wwaswas

"I like to be different and get the job done"

bolt croppers in hand…

kaesae
    Free Member

Irony? there are loads of people on ebay that sell bearing kits. That's fine healthy competition is a good thing.

But to blatantly lie and misrepresent what your selling isn't ironic it's just sh1tty banking.

thomthumb
    Free Member

are you running down your competitors without declaring your interests?

you are the new fruit and i claim my £5.

kaesae
    Free Member

Can you get stutters when you type?

kaesae
    Free Member

thomthumb – Member
    are you running down your competitors without declaring your interests?

you are the new fruit and i claim my £5.

translation please!

wwaswas

fruit was Superstar components questioning the quality of his competitors products and bigging up his own.

The implication is that, as an ebay trader yourself, you are indulging in a similar activity.

It's reverse psychology marketing isn't it? He's really your business partner, isn't he?

Ooh, please do my frame for me

bananaworld
    Free Member

My favourite bit in the advert is where he writes:

SEAL COLOUR MAY VARY.

Seriously, WTF??

Fair call, kaesae. Sadly competition from sub-standard products labelled as the real-Mckoy is life.

kaesae
    Free Member

How about we evaluate if what I’m saying is or is not accurate and take it from there!

cynic-al
    Free Member

How about we evaluate whether you are biased or not?

kaesae
    Free Member

In this day and age it is life I agree! however if there are any riders on here running those bearings they should be warned about how short a life span they have.

kaesae
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

How do you propose we evaluate the situation.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It doesn't warrant my time. You're creating yourself a reputation on here, that's all I have to say.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Everybody is biased, Al, even those trying to Kaesae a hard time right now…
    🙂

Pook

But to blatantly lie and misrepresent what your selling isn't ironic it's just sh1tty banking.

Quite.

wwaswas

well, we're supposed to take your word on the quality of the bearings – perhaps you coudl tell us what professional qualifications you have for evaluating the standard of them?

if there are any riders on here running those bearings they should be warned about how short a life span they have.

Why, they look like standard bearing kits to me? Maybe not to the standard he's claiming, but no-one's going to die.

How short is their lifespan?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

kaesae – I'm sorry, this is going to sound patronising, but stick with it. When you first started posting on STW, I was one of the first to have a go at you, mainly because you were pretty much 'out there' but also because you initially seemed very evasive regarding the source of your frames, etc. Your more recent posts, however, (well most of them, I still pissed myself at your stellar alignement theory), are a lot more mature and reasonable in nature, and you now come across as a pretty decent bloke. People are merely pointing out the irony in your original post because of the way you represented yourself when you first showed up on this forum.

dickydutch

kaesae
    If you hate this forum so much (as you have publicly stated on other bike forums), why do you keep rearing up and posting a load of drivel?

wwaswas

for those interested (if any, I was just googling to see where else he posted) there's a picture of kaesae on this page under his stw name;

http://www.date.com/men-dating/unitedkingdom-edinburgh6.htm

I recognise him from the fleeting photo he posted on here a few weeks back.

kimbers
    kaesae
    Free Member

Hello Barnsleymitch how are you?

I have two protruding discs in my back and I have to do two hours of osteopathic exercises each day. I also have to keep mobile most of the day as sitting about or remaining still will aggravate my condition.

When I first came on here I had been doing those exercises for 3 weeks and was exhausted and very annoyed that I had spent 5 years in pain when I didn't actually have to. I can’t be bothered with bankers, which is all tracknicko is!

Sitting down is painful and I wasn't happy about my time being wasted, especially when my life is already a sh1temare.

You people were provoking me and I came on here and provoked you. Only fair for you to see how it feels to be provoked. As for stellar realignment it's a fact and soon we will see excessive wind speeds and a lot of rain. As well as other side effects, but I’ll leave that to time to demonstrate.

I have a lot of work on feel free to do what you like on my thread.

kaesae
    Free Member

dickydutch – Member
    kaesae
    If you hate this forum so much (as you have publicly stated on other bike forums), why do you keep rearing up and posting a load of drivel?

What can I say after speaking with some of the users who aren't holes of ass's I'm coming around. Plus my memory is returning and I'm in less pain.

Bear with a sore tooth, bloke with a bad back, you get the point right?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I have a lot of work on feel free to do what you like on my thread. 😯

kaesae
    Free Member

Kimbers.
    All things in life are relative. To that bloke you and I can't spell worth sh1t.

soobalias
    Free Member

so what you are saying is that i should buy my bearings direct from BETD.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I seem to rememeber you admiting your bearing kits were crap, but you could get better ones for more money. IIRC it was someone on this forum asking you a question via ebay ref the quality of the bearings?

genesis
    Free Member

GroundHog Day.

kaesae
    Free Member

Then your memory is faulty and what exactly is not a spoon?

I said my budget bearings weren't the best of qaulity like SKF or INA.

When your little friend said he would go buy some performance jap bearings from another company I said.

That's cool by me and you take your attitude with you!

kaesae
    Free Member

help!
    HELP!!!!

I'VE BEEN THREAD KNAPPED!!!!!!!!!

soobalias
    Free Member

so do i have to go to betd, or is one of the ebay linkys above worth checking out?

kaesae
    Free Member

That depends on what kind of bike you ride.

soobalias
    Free Member

its a yeti asx – all stripped and ready for a respray

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So in conclusion, someone is in competition with Kaesae, selling bearings which may or may not be any cop, and kaesae is bleating about it.

TBH, BETD is cheep enough, if I pop into my local bearing shop its a few pence cheeper again.

Ohhhh, and my username isn't a spoon, it would be quite hard for STW to log me on if I just tried to post them a spoon through the text box on the screen wouldn't it?

🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon not bleeting as I keep saying you TV brains can convince yourselves of anything. A simple warning to anyone buying them. Ask how they are the same quality as BETD and also how they have been weather proofed

SOObalias if you want a price for a performance or budget bearing kit my user ID on ebay is airborne10101 give me a shout if not so long!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else on here that really doesn't like FeeBay rip off! merchants?’ is closed to new replies.