Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Anyone else made it into work this morning?
  • Ed2001
    Free Member

Nope and I'm thoroughly enjoying the cricket.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

i managed to get in to bolton from rammy which was an adventure .going home in a bit cos theres bugger all going on and about half a dozen of us here .how numb am i ?

zokes
    Free Member

Could any of the few people near Belmont / Abbey Village let me know if the A675 is open from the north? Getting a bit worried about getting home now…

beefy

I live ten minutes slow walk away from work, but work being a school, is closed!

Pretty tough going here, had to make a big batch of gumbo from Jamie's America book.

Still, built a snowman at 8:30 this morning.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Made it from Leeds to Bradford this morning – now about to attempt to get home

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Watching a Citroen C1 going sideways down on Bank Road in Matlock earlier today due to the snow. I know it's wrong but I laughed so hard I nearly peepee'd myself.

wors

zokes, as far as i know its still shut, they have shut the A675 from bolton now as well i believe.

Junkyard
    Free Member

might just challenge you to a ride tonigh then DONK
    Rode about 300 metres then decide deep snow no eyesight – awaiting contact lens was jsut suicidal– was fun mind whilst it lasted. Used road bike yesterday to work which was fun- hit about 15 cars for passing sp close to me ended up riding on outer tyre marks to stop em.

It has snowed steadily all day in Chorley- now stopped- so Zokes I would call someone to find out re route home.

zokes
    Free Member

Hmmm. Don't know anyone in the village as only just moved in. My Fiancee is in the same situation. Guess I could try phoning the pub…..

zokes
    Free Member

Seems fairly academic really. The A6 in Lancaster is hut, so I can't even make it that far!

zokes
    Free Member

Well, A675 and 10" of snow 0 – Determined Golf GTI Driver 1 🙂

The pub just opened when I got back too 🙂

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

No snow here in Hampshire on the way in this morning but cycled the 8.5 miles home in heavy snow. Great fun and the Speed Kings did just fine!!!

insecure
    Free Member

Made it in and made it back, six hours later as the big boss shut the shop! M60 clockwise there wasn,t too bad. Anti-clockwise was still held up at J25 so made a detour through Reddish and met it again at Denton Island (think thats what its called). It took half an hour longer than ususal. The worst bit? Getting from my house, which is on a bus route that had not been gritted, to the M60 and then getting on to the car park at the Trafford Centre.The car parks had not been gritted or cleared yet it started snowing before 10pm last night. Setting off very early in the morning to miss the idiots who'll still want to do 100mph on ice!

Gary_C

Walked in,first one on site,unlocked,put kettle on.
    Company secretary next to arrive.
    Ten minutes later boss phones up,& after a short discussion with company sec,decides that we're closing,not just for today,but tomorrow too!So frantic ring round of colleagues etc,message left on our answering machine at work to let customers know,finished brew,locked up,walked home.

So two extra days off with pay! 🙂

Peregrine
    Free Member

Its only 5 miles to work for me so i run it, shame its mostly up hill coming home after a long day tho.

aracer
    Free Member

Didn't make it to work this morning. Everybody else in my office probably made it in, as we didn't actually have any snow at 9am.

The thing is, I don't actually work on Tuesdays, so got to spend the afternoon XC skiing up and down the road pulling mini-aracer on his sledge 🙂

Would quite like to do the same thing tomorrow – the trouble is that I could quite easily ski in if I wanted to (I suspect tomorrow will be the first time in the 16 years I've worked there that will be possible).

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else made it into work this morning?’ is closed to new replies.