Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Anyone else in fancy dress today?
  • matt_outandabout

Youngest_oab has red hair and various fart signs and fart soundbox, mrs_oab has gone to work at the nursery in her PJ’s . 😕

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup, me.

I’m pretending I work for a living.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just another frigging stupid way for shops to make more money….

MoreCashThanDash

LittleMissMC is a big fan of the Brownie stories so is going to school in her Brownie uniform. Saves getting her changed for tonight’s meeting as well!

I’m still off work on this lovely sunny day so I shall be dressing up as Bradley Wiggins and going out on my bike!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

The boy, 5, is going as Chewbacca and the girl as a Rydell High cheerleader, from Grease that she has been WATCHING lots lately

WTF

Can’t be bother to argue with the Mrs, sometimes you just have to let them get on with it…. 🙄

I’ve washed my hands of it… after spending the best part of an evening last year, making a Golden Ticket.

molgrips
    Free Member

Eldest has gone as Mabel Jones. My wife had to make some red stripey pyjamas from scratch, which she did superbly.

I’m in my dressing gown and pyjamas also, so I’m calling it an Arthur Dent costume.

doris5000

(speaking as a non-parent,) why are people wearing fancy dress today?

hammyuk
    Free Member

I’m a parent and I’ve no idea either!

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s a yearly “Kids got to school dressed as their favorite Book character”

bubs

Mr Twit and a My Little Pony – kids love it and it does get them talking about books (or films and TV 😳 )

LoCo
    Free Member

Matilda (complete with jug with newt (not real!)) and Peter Pan, I am,as usual dressed as a tramp.

Yak

Mine have gone as the Lion from the Butterfly Lion and Grandpa (WW2 Spitfire pilot) from Grandpa’s Great Escape.

This year it was comparatively easy to cobble something together for this. No midnight sewing required.

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

I am the secret footballer – deface an old white t shirt with black marker as per book cover and shove him in his football kit, also saves getting changed for footy practice, plus he gets to go to school in his football kit. It’s a winner all round!

P-Jay
    Free Member

My Boss says my colorful shirt makes me look like a Camp Cowboy – does that count?

thomthumb
    Free Member

my nephew (4) is going as a pirate. he wants me to go to mothers day lunch as a pirate – just me though. not sure if he said it, or it’s a wind up.

I might just do it. I need a laugh.

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

It counts if you’ve got a book with a camp cowboy in it

globalti
    Free Member

I think my lad went off to college as Hannibal Lecter… or maybe that’s the way he always looks….

loddrik
    Free Member

Eldest (10) went in as Katniss Everdeen, and looked pretty good too.

Youngest (6) went in as Anna from Frozen, along with many many others it seems.

MussEd
    Free Member

FunkyDunc – Member
    Just another frigging stupid way for shops to make more money….

I am as cynical as they come but I think you’re mistaken here…

It’s about trying to encourage reading books and engaging children’s imaginations. Besides by a quick look around, I seriously doubt anyone at my kid’s nursery/primary has gone out and spent any money on this? Loads of already worn Disney/Marvel costumes being wheeled out again. The best
    I spotted was a Cat in the Hat(although I don’t like the books) – it transpires the mum used to be a theatrical make up artist.

gonzy
    Free Member

oldest is dressed as the Where’s Wally character, daughter is dressed in a 101 Dalmations theme as thats what the school has chosen for her class. youngest is dressed as Jake and the Neverland Pirates

benp1

I left before the kids got dressed, managed to start giving them brekkie though

But the plan is my son is going as Batman and my daughter as Jessie, Woody’s female sidekick from Toy Story

akira

Iron man and captain america this morning.

sandwicheater

Ours has gone as a snail from ‘The snail and the whale’.

Was the only home made outfit we spotted.

miketually
    Free Member

For those in the dark, it’s World Book fancy dress at school Day.

Nominally, it’s about encouraging reading. Realistically, it’s about costume one-upmanship.

Yak

Realistically, it’s about parental costume one-upmanship

Fixed that for you. 😉

Luckily I won my lad won the prize in year R for some utterly explicable reason (pity maybe?) so my efforts have subtly tailed off ever since.

miketually
    Free Member

I spent some of last night carving a wand from a stick 🙂

GrahamS

For those in the dark, it’s World Book fancy dress at school Day.

My facebook feed is full of pictures of kids dressed as Anna & Elsa from Frozen or assorted Avengers and super heroes?

What books are they from exactly?

Our school has gone a bit more low key and just asked the kids to bring in a book and “a prop” from the book. Seems sensible and cuts down on the parental one-upmanship.

wwaswas

My 14 year old daughter seems to just pick an outfit she likes and then decide on a book character who might wear the same clothes on their day off.

Cougar

What the frank is “year R”?

perchypanther
    Free Member

or assorted Avengers and super heroes?

Whoa! Deja vu. They must have changed something in the Matrix.

50 odd years of comic books ( again)

miketually
    Free Member

My facebook feed is full of pictures of kids dressed as Anna & Else from Frozen or assorted Avengers and super heroes?

Frozen books and Avengers books, I’d guess?

Yak

year r (reception) is the first year at school. Age 4-5

miketually
    Free Member

Reception – the year before Year 1.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I assume it’s Reception…..It’s what all right-minded Scottish persons know as Primary 1.

trailhound101

Dressing up day is Tuesday. Well Tuesday night actually as Mrs H goes to the gym ….

brakes
    Free Member

boy gone to nursery as a pirate from one of his many hackneyed humorously titled pirate books e.g. ‘The Fartypants Pirates of Poo Island’

DezB
    Free Member

My son has dressed as Just William. But with long trousers and no cap.

mos

Wasn’t there some hoohaa last year about a gloitbag who thought it was reet funny to let her 10 yr old lad go as the geezer from 50 shades?

GrahamS

50 odd years of comic books

Frozen books and Avengers books, I’d guess?

Not really in the spirit of things is it?

I doubt many kids are dressing up as the authentic 1968 Colan and Esposito “Invicible Iron Man”

And so far I’ve only read one “Frozen” related book that even tried to be anything more than a crap cash in on the movie.

gonzy
    Free Member

I assume it’s Reception…..It’s what all right-minded Scottish persons know as Primary 1.

or simply just Reception class 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else in fancy dress today?’ is closed to new replies.