Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone else have an awesome long weekend?
  • ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Decided to hit three MTB centres I've not been to before, in a one-man, 450mile drive, 3-day camping frenzy:

Betws y Coed on Saturday (rode Penmachno and the Marin trail)
    Machynlleth on Sunday (rode Mach 3 and Cli-Machx)
    Nant yr Arian on Monday (rode the Syfydrin, and then went back to ride the start and end of it again).

Awesome stuff. Hugely enjoyable.

jedi

i spent the weekend camping at herts shore riding and digging the skills trails too 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

I lapped the Lough – it was great 🙂

http://www.lapthelough.org/

singlecrack
    Free Member

😆 BNM……..
    P.S you up for a mid-weeker ??

steve_b77
    Free Member

I worked Friday & Saturday night, went shopping and got some bargain shorts on Sunday and had 3 hours round the woods yesterday, great weekend in my book.

Also on holiday for the week now in mid wales, might get some riding in 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Lazy day Saturday, spent Sunday riding around Hebden/Luddenden/Oxenhope/Hebden & had a great ride.
    Went out with a mate's wife yesterday (he was at home with baby) on a gentle ride & managed to roll over a drop-off and catch my wheel in a hole i swear wasn't there last time..

..spent last night at A&E having my elbow x-rayed for suspected fracture & the other one cleaned & dressed from the wounds caused by the chainrings as i warded the bike off from hitting me in the head 🙁

Trekster

broken bone in hand means another 4wks off bike so ended up in Silloth camp site with 3 grandkids 😆

jimmy

Dumyat, ben Cleugh, Vodka-Beer-Champagne-cocktails-whisky, GT Black, work.

Busted.

Dancake
    Free Member

Pretty dull.

Except for Monday. Dog ride in the morning and Fun-day in the afternoon. One of the attractions was a climbing wall assisted by a fantastically wonderful lady with the largest boob/ waist ratio I have ever seen.

rossrobot
    Free Member

Persuaded GF and her dad to hire bikes from Bissoe and ride around the mining trails in Cornwall. Really enjoyed taking everything at a leisurely pace and great to see so many different types of people doing the same.

DrT
    Free Member

Monday rode Glen Kinglass from Inveronan, overnight at Connel then today rode up Glen Etive, stop at the Kinghouse for lunch and along WHW back to Inveronan. Awesome sunny weather and not a midge in sight.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

@ singlecrack. Yep. If Thursday counts as midweek. Longleat?

rhys_gibby
    Free Member

Worked from 12:00- 23:00 on Saturday, 08:30 – 23:00 on Sunday, went out on the road bike for 3hrs yesterday, so cant say I had an awsome weekend 🙁

muddydwarf, Trekster all the best with the recovery.

crazy-legs

Yes, and my weekend is still going on seeing as I have a week off work! 🙂
    Up in the Lakes for a few days then on to Yorkshire, been MTB and CXing. What shall I do tomorrow? Oh I know, I'll go MTBing in the Lakes in the gorgeous sunshine again. Bring it on.

popstar
    Free Member

Went for a day to SWales. Had a great laugh with riding buddies. But 200miles driving each way wasn't fun at all.

Crag
    Free Member

Yup, awesome weekend.

Flew to Geneva Thurs PM, spent a day in Les 2 Alps Friday, a day at Montgenvre Saturday and a day at Chatel bike park on Sunday.

Spent yesterday chilling in Morzine and Geneva before flying back last night.

Quality road trip and fantastic trails.

stucol
    Free Member

Saturday got a bargain 2 week old PG990 cassette and a neoguard. Changed some pads and bled the brakes.

Sunday, general faffing about and a local loop to check chain/cassette compatability.

And then came Monday. Three of us pushed, rode and pushed lots more to the top of Ben Lomond in utterly perfect weather. And then of course came the descent ! So technical, rough and brilliant. Only fell over once too which was a bonus.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else have an awesome long weekend?’ is closed to new replies.