Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Anyone else had an amazing ride tonight?
  • Pook

We did Bradwell Edge and Cavedale. Both dry and fast and we flew down; beautiful sunset, good banter, excellent riding and dusty bikes….

what a night.

ourmaninthenorth

Not yet. We’re still having dinner. 😯

scuttler

Cut Gate out and back last night. Mint. Cave Dale last Friday which was wet down the steep section as usual. Two dabs. Bugger. Great early season treats though.

fasthaggis

Yup,out this afternoon,then met up with the Thursday night group.
    Bone dry trails ,and cleaned every hill on one of our regular loops( a rare thing). Amazing sunset finish and big grins all round.
    😀

carlphillips
    Free Member

just got in from a local spin up around cann woods, dust dust and more dust…perfect!

sambob
    Free Member

Did 8 miles/1600ft of climb this afternoon to ride Cracken Edge, great descent. Will be out tomorrow afternoon and saturday too 😀

oldgit
    Free Member

Ohhh yeah. One hour on the turbos with three 10 minute 92% max HR sessions thrown in. Fantastic scenery, great company 🙄

takisawa2

Cannock Chase

monkey-dog_2.jpg by pten2106, on Flickr

Bone dry. Fast & dusty. Lovely

bellys
    Free Member

It was ok did a local trail there was 8 of use so a bit stop start waiting for people to catch up.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

The ride home, at 20.00, was amazing in the sense that I was amazed that I didn’t get killed! Fuel rage was causing a bunch of to55er drivers to swerve into the cycle lane in order to que jump into the petrol station. Bunch of ‘kin nutters!

mintimperial

Nope. Missus is out so I’m stuck in the house on dad duty and got some fettling done. Did this on Tuesday though. Roll on Saturday morning…

tonyg2003

Fab evening out tonight on the North Downs for me riding into the dark. I didn’t see another soul. Nothing except deer, badgers, bunnies and owls. Super fast and bone dry. Lovely.

br
    Free Member

Out last night – the temperature went from baselayer to Phantom in the 15 mins it took to down a pint (and 1/2 pint of pork scratchings 🙂

stayhigh

I had a lovely 15 miler on the way home in the sunshine through local trails that are running super sweet 🙂

crispybacon
    Free Member

Yep I got out with two mates for a day/nightride in E.Kernow.

It was a superb 20 miler with lots of bone dry trails & superb mild weather. It made a change to get home virtually clean & not have to wash the bike 😀

On the good news front my mate has found some sweet singletrack on the local Hill & the woods behind are drying out nicely – Woo Hoo!

proutster
    Free Member

Three of us out round Macc Forest tonight, great ride and found some new (to me) off piste bits.

Great fun – about 5 degrees colder than Tuesday evening though – noticed that as we left The Leathers Smithy 😀

lunge

35 mile ride home from work. 1st half was excellent, second half was into the wind and I bonked as I had not eaten since lunch.

jedi

did 2 hrs of fast herts singletrack in broxbourne woods. loving it 🙂

dantsw13

Just finished building my Heckler today – managed a 10 minute spin before school parents evening!!!! Heavenly

Kunstler

I rode the West Highland Way from Fort William to Kinlochleven with an overloaded trailer (as always when I take it). It was a bit… challenging, especially the final descent in the dark. The best part if the day though was the train journey up here. I’ve been up the road hundreds of times but today was the first time by rail. It was a real wow on such a beautiful day. Now I’m settled in a little shed with a bunk in it.

Jamesy
    Free Member

Long mynd today , fantastic. hopton wood tommorrow. Loving the weather this week 🙂

geologist
    Free Member

no, because ive wortked 0700 till 2100 hrs without seeing daylight fgor the last 6 wekls
    now ive hasd a beer and nthe torture is over,

i cant waitr to saturady when i cen be home and see my family, and get oiutbto my local trails at bringwwood in the dry 🙂

aamen

jameso

Yes. Now drunk. Over. Out )

brokensoul
    Free Member

I did a not so amazing 12 mile roadie ride to work.
    It’ll be sweeter going home.
    😀

dreednya

Four of us rode up to Nant-yr-arian, loop of the Summit trail and then added on Hippity Hop and a small downhill descent called White fridge. Stayed light long enough to ride the Summit Trail without lights 🙂 – happy days! And yes the trails were dry, smooth and dusty 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

Out on the roadie with my regular buddy, we shot around our “quickie” evening circuit of 15.5 miles at our best ever average of 17.5 mph, it has 775 ft of climbing too so that’s a blindingly good ride for a couple of 55 year-olds! My buddy usually drops me on the hills but last night I didn’t see much of him as he was on my wheel most of the time – I guess buying a CX bike for winter training has paid off.

weeksy

I did. Superb. Found a trail in the middle of our local area that rivals Swinley Forest trails 🙂 fast as ****, swoopy, sweeping and awsomeness !!!!

Also found that my gym training and spinning classes are paying off in bounds.. Anyone who wonders ‘does spinning really work’ compare my hill pace of 12 months ago, to my pace of today. Either my mate has got a lot slower… or i’ve got a lot faster, take your pick 🙂

Paceman
    Free Member

Stanmer Woods singletrack blast with BrightonMTB… brilliant 😀

Paceman
    Free Member

Stanmer Woods singletrack blast with BrightonMTB… brilliant 😀

Oooops… pesky computer is too slow!

NigE5
    Free Member

Thursley & Hankly commons to look around the Bond set they have just finished filming on

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else had an amazing ride tonight?’ is closed to new replies.