Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anyone else getting an anti-virus warning off the adds here?
  • kimbers

MSE just flagged up adware/opencandy as being dodgy

chewkw
    Free Member

Nope.

CountZero

Nope. I always use an iOS device anyway.

Pieface

No, but sometimes it crashes my browser at work which is due to the ads (little notification in toolbar), really infuriating TBH and I’m surprised the web management are still allowing them. I’m tending to avoid this site at work, which is probably no bad thing TBH

JohnnyPanic

No, but sometimes it crashes my browser at work which is due to the ads (little notification in toolbar)

This happened several times to me this afternoon.

donsimon
    Free Member

Absolutely nothing, no dodgy ads at all, come to think of it. 😈

Muke
    Free Member

sometimes it crashes my browser

Yup 👿

CountZero

And why weight watchers all the time? I’m a racing snake, can’t be anything to do with me… 😆

Cougar

Opencandy is an ad delivery system but not a virus. I’d suggest that might be a false positive due to some apps not giving full disclosure on install.

I got a similar warning from Daemon Tools a couple of days ago, my guess is it’s been added in the latest round of MSE definition updates.

cheers_drive

It’s been crashing IE and Chrome several times a day for two weeks now.
    STW towers – please sort it out

GrahamS

Go Premier – select Decrease Ads – win! 😀

Mark

The ads are served by Microsoft. It seems odd their own ads are crashing their own browser. But I’ve raised it as issue with Microsoft Advertising – they are looking at it.

In the meantime Premier users get to turn ads off!

Just £2/month (equiv £1.67 if you pay annually)

http://singletrackworld.com/subscribe

Drac

It’s been crashing IE and Chrome several times a day for two weeks now.
    STW towers – please sort it out

We’ve not had any other reports of this, can you give more details and we may able to help but I suspect it’s something at your end. We still might be able to help your sort it though.

Check out the bottom of the thread for staters.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/is-it-just-me-that-the-forumoverview-buttons-give-error-page-for#position-14

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Can I suggest you ensure you are running the latest veriion of Flash Player

slowoldgit
    Free Member

OK, I’m a numpty, an old numpty even, but shouldn’t Flash ads be backwards compatible?

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

If I was making the flash ads then I would say yes. However, that’s not something we have control over. A crashing browser issue was fixed for my colleague by updating Flash. Thought it was worth a try and good advice anyway.

If anyone has a browser crashing problem and has updated to the latest Flash player can they let me know. Thanks

Drac

Why they’d not take advantage of the latest add ons or security if they ran with older versions.

user-removed
    Free Member

Bah! I can’t seem to install the latest version of Flash from that ^^^ link without Google Chrome installing at the same time. I’ve tried Chrome several times now on my six year old, Windows 32 Bit laptop and it just completely screws it up 🙁

Cougar

Go to adobe.com and follow the links, it should auto-detect your browser / OS. Any bundled downloads should be a tick-box you can deselect.

bruneep

Can I suggest you ensure you are running the latest veriion of Flash Player

Can I suggest you contact my work IT and ask them………. Pretty please

Cougar

Can I suggest you contact my work IT and ask them………. Pretty please

If you’re running an old version of Flash and are GPOed out of changing that, your IT dept need sacking.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else getting an anti-virus warning off the adds here?’ is closed to new replies.