Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Blaenau Ffestiniog new downhill tracks – Architrail
  • Mugboo

Looks a bit wet, do you think they could make it a bit drier? And it looks very rough too 😉

iolo
    Free Member

For those that are interested this centre will open on 21st July.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

woop! can’t wait 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iolo
    Free Member

Me too

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Woot!

Hopefully the work gig I’ve got in Bangor soon falls just after that date 😀

schnor
    Free Member

Great news! Seriously can’t wait 😀

iolo
    Free Member
    Bushwacked
    Free Member

That looks amazing

Bernaard
    Free Member

@ iolo, which line was that in the video?
    Looks crackin’

iolo
    Free Member

That was line b in the video. Line a is the full on downhill line. B is for technical trail riders. C and D are a bit tamer but are perfect for all abilities.

kimbers

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-LbvFckptY[/video]

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks pretty fun. We need more jumpy trails here, still searching for the UK equivalent of Crank It Up! Techy rocky trails are boring, it’s all about flow and air!

kimbers

Techy rocky trails are boring,

Rorschach
    Free Member

flow (fl)
    v. flowed, flow·ing, flows
    v.intr.
    1. A term used to describe bland uninvolving trails ,often used by riders with little or no technical aptitude.
    2. To proceed steadily and easily: The preparations flowed smoothly.

_tom_
    Free Member

It’s the bmxer in me, bikes are for going fast and doing jumps on, not clattering through rocks. Whilst that can be fun and my favourite ride this year was probably Snowdon, I just don’t enjoy it as much.

mtbant
    Free Member

Looks like its going to great fun! I sense a trip up before the year is out.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Want to go ride B,C and D. A out of my league. Love rocks. We don’t have enough rocks down here.

patriotpro
    Free Member

disco_stu – Member
    is it this trail, it popped up in my fb feed earlier.

Yep that’s it although not a DH track, that is amongst the new trails, for the grading has yet to be finalised according to my sources.

Can’t wait to ride – Looks superb. 🙂

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I wonder what the chances are of an objective review once ridden, by someone other than a hack or sycophant 😀

iolo
    Free Member

The guy in the video is an elite racer.
    He’s also raced in quite a few world cups.
    His comment to me was “I love this place”.
    That tells you all you need to know.

iolo
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aPGnj7TOeU&feature=player_embedded#![/video]
    I mean in this video.

rhid

Once the place is up and running what are the opening hours? Is it 7 days a week or are there down days?

iolo
    Free Member

I’m not sure of opening times but they recon that you will get around 12 runs in a full day

kimbers

Open on Sat 21 / Sun 22 / Tue 24 / Thurs 26 / Sat 28 / Sun 29…and so on, if the demand is there we will open on other days of the week, if you would like to book a group booking e-mail me on adrianbradley@gwynedd.gov.uk, this is a Mon to Fri e-mail, and I am contactable on the weekend on adrianbradley1@aol.com. We are going to do the bookings via e mail until the website is completed, new date is 18th of July.

We are operating on trust guys, so please do not book if you are not 100% sure you are going to be able to make it. So first come, first serve it is…no favouritism, no more than 4 places per e-mail, and 45 places up for grabs, give me your details on adrianbradley1@aol.com and see you in 2 weeks…and pray for better weather.

Just to add to this we have over 100 people booked on over the first 5 weeks, so get your e-mails in quick. The uplifts will run from 9.45ish to 4.30ish, and will cost £26 for the full day, 12-15 runs will be the norm, if your arms have not fallen off by then!!

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/antur-stiniog-dh-and-freeride-centre-opening-in-north-wales-soon.html

xiphon
    Free Member

Erm….. just looks like a gravel path? (or rather, a selection of gravel paths…)

Am I missing something here?

_tom_
    Free Member

1. A term used to describe bland uninvolving trails ,often used by riders with little or no technical aptitude.

😆 well seeing as we’re now willy-waving, here’s a video of me riding what I consider to be fun flowy trails. I just wish they were all longer.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I take it all back…..you rock.

grum
    Free Member

So some people are moaning it’s too smooth, some are complaining it’s too rocky – none of them have ridden it. Sounds about right for STW 🙄

_tom_
    Free Member

Not saying it looks too rocky, was just counter acting the “it’s a bmx track” comments (which it doesn’t appear to be anyway) as in general I reckon that kind of trails are better 🙂

Northwind

xiphon – Member

Erm….. just looks like a gravel path? (or rather, a selection of gravel paths…)

Skip to a minute…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aPGnj7TOeU&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

If I ever need a gravel path laid I will not call you 😉

Bernaard
    Free Member

Well, I’m sold.
    Will do them in reverse D,C,B and leave A for the DHers
    I more of a gravity fuelled XC type

xiphon
    Free Member

Maybe 90% gravel path then….

Sorry, looks a really boring, non-tech DH trail.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

@ _Tom_ your vid – it’s not like that there anymore! Can’t remember the last time I saw dusty trails at Woburn :/

& to keep the thread on topic: I don’t think you are likely to see dusty trails at feasting any time soon either. I’ve never stayed dry in North Wales LOL

patriotpro
    Free Member

simonralli2 – Member
    All I can say is that if a video like this means less grumpy riding Gods of STW on it, then all the more space for people like me who will be riding it and then glowing with more radiation than any decommissioned nuclear power station at the bottom. That looks amazing, an absolute blast and something that someone like me could potential have a go at.

+1

patriotpro
    Free Member

xiphon – Member

Don’t go then.

kimbers

xiphon – Member

im sure that itll be more than 90% gravel and i expect that part of the world to be exposed to a teeny bit of weathering to the extent that itll be plenty gnarly by the end of the year

rhid

Its probably slate not gravel.

soobalias
    Free Member

well i cant see any pics or vids from work, but as most of you seem to think this venue is a really boring non tech DH, sounds right up my ally.

patriotpro
    Free Member

soobalias – Member
    well i cant see any pics or vids from work, but as most of you seem to think this venue is a really boring non tech DH, sounds right up my ally.

+1 🙂

Northwind

It is 90% gravel, it’s just that some of the gravel is as big as a fridge.

TBH a lot of that full run vid isn’t to my taste, I can’t jump for toffee and it seems very jumpy. But that hardly makes it bad. Actually it makes me bad! It’ll be a wee bit disappointing if they’re all along those lines to be fair, but still it’ll be a great facility and an awful lot better than no dh tracks.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Blaenau Ffestiniog new downhill tracks – Architrail’ is closed to new replies.