Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • anyone done a day in the lakes tri?
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Think I’m going to sign up for this, never done a tri so probably need to do one of those before june if i can plus a trail running race as never done that either. I like it in the deep end.

anyway what did people think of it? Better suggestions? Mates are going to antwerp to do 70.3 but given that’s 3 times the entry plus a lot further and more faffage I’ll stick to UK i think.

yetiguy
    Free Member

not done a day in the lakes, but from what i have heard it is a tough one, you mention that the Antwerp 70.3 is further, if you mean that Antwerp is further then you are right, however in terms of race distance they are both “middle distance”

What month do you want to do your Tri in?,

fontmoss
    Free Member

sorry meant further away, also meant to be quite flat as opposed to the lakes which is pretty nails (fell running!)

the lakes is good because i break up for 2 weeks on the 24th of june before I start my second round of clinical placements so middle distance tri around then would be good. Prep standard/sprint tri poss in march/april/may

jumping_flea
    Free Member

There is a sprint tri on the 8th May – Wilmslow. I’ve entered it as my first attempt at a triathlon. Good for a practice, just no where near as hilly

yetiguy
    Free Member

March there are very few tris, although the Grizedale Duathlon may be just up your street, thats on March the 13th

April, there is the Skipton tri (its a sprint) and is very good (i will be doing it) thats north yorkshire and is on the 17th or there is another sprint distance, the kendal tri on the 24th April

may 22nd is the keswick mountain festival tri, another good event

or in june you have the capenwray sprint tri (i will be doing this one as well) another great event, with the swim being in the cleanest water in the UK

Hope that helps

fontmoss
    Free Member

skipton looks relatively close (live in derby) so might tri (sic) that

ill get my coat

santacruzsi
    Free Member

http://www.fun2tri.co.uk/

i done this one last year in Nantwich as my first. Really enjoyed and well organised….I’m doing it again in May and Sept !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘anyone done a day in the lakes tri?’ is closed to new replies.