Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anyone do the "hidden peak" sportive today?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Enjoyable but quite tough. feed stations were welcome but savoury food would be welcome.

Started off VERY cold -2 and ice. My decision to wear my endura windproof and a short sleeved top was bloody stupid! The weather perked up and it turned out to be a hard but cracking day.

anyone else do it?

munkster
    Free Member

I gave it serious consideration but chickened out in the end. Maybe next year.

Was it a good turnout?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

i was 150 out of lots

druidh
    Free Member

Did you use the new bike Rob? Everything working OK and comfy?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

new bike was lovely only issue is the front mech – triple shifter needs 2 clicks up/down on the double chainset

ahwiles
    Free Member

quite a few sheffield-based ‘mtbers’ turned up – and so did the weather!

i/we ‘only’ did the medium – hoping for a jolly pleasant day out. 1000m of climbing later and my girlfriend isn’t talking to me, and my legs aren’t too happy about pedaling into work…

recommended, but tough.

simonm
    Free Member

I did the 80, it confirmed my love of mountain biking 😉 8500′ of climbing…on roads…argh !

simonm
    Free Member

one upside as I got my first and last 100km PB

jholbrook
    Free Member

Simon. I’m interested to see your figure of 8500′- much more than the 1440m advertised. Where does your figure come from? It felt like significantly more than 1440m to me! The votwo guys at the end said a number of people had said the same thing.

matthew_h
    Free Member

The 40 miler was alleged by the organisers to be 666m of climbing but at the end my Garmin reckoned it was 1287m so almost double. Certainly felt like that much.

jholbrook
    Free Member

Sounds more like it. The 80 was brutal…….must get a GPS!

simonm
    Free Member

My Garmin GPS recorded 8900′ of climbing on the 80mile. The length was spot on though !

simonm
    Free Member

Can you see this link ?
    Strava climb

jholbrook
    Free Member

My work computer won’t let me on but will try later. 8900 feet – thats 2700m. No wonder it was a struggle!

simonm
    Free Member

glad someone else thought it was 😉

joat

I did the 40 miles and they did seem to find as many hills as possible. My endomondo says around 3000′ of climbing but I finished 24 feet lower than I started so not perfectly accurate. Just looked at the results and I came in 17th out of 200, not that it’s a race. But not bad for my first sportive.

simonm
    Free Member

where are the results ?

jholbrook
    Free Member

On the votwo website under results on main page

rob-jackson
    Free Member

si you were 81st

simonm
    Free Member

yey, great.. not last 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anyone do the "hidden peak" sportive today?’ is closed to new replies.