Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone bought from slrhut.co.uk ?
  • markyd

I’m contemplating upgrading from nikon d90 to d7200 and this place (slrhut.co.uk) seems too good to be true. They seem to be based in USA selling grey imports with UK vat and duty paid. Would save £300 on an £850 camera body, which is amazing. Looked at various reviews on trustpilot and whilst mixed seem generally positive. Anyone here bought from them ? I know I’ll end up without a nikon UK warranty, but for £300 off ill take that chance.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

contact address on website is Mail Boxes Etc shop.
    clicky

ampthill

I’ve not used slrhut and I don’t think I would. My opinions are probably useless to you but I’ll epxress them any way

I wouldn’t be confident that a DSLR body will be problem free. Nikon are a PITA over parts so I think a warranty is quite helpful.

Its £629 on Digitalrev. My brother in law bought lenses from them. Apparently Nikon lenses are intentionally warrantied where bodies have regional warranties.So if you buy from didgitalrev then then you are relying on them for the warranty but from what I’ve read they do offer good customer care

If it seems to good to be true then it probably is

markyd

Just found a long thread on dpreview.com. sounds like they declare zero value to avoid vat/duty. Nothing but complaints on there. Will stick with a UK retailer.

footflaps

You could just buy a 2nd hand D7000 body for about £300 and save even more!

d45yth
    Free Member

Have a look at Portus Digital – Still imports, but UK based. Prices are usually only £10-20 dearer than the likes of the site you’ve mentioned.

anniison
    Free Member

Theyre American, based in New York, so anything they sell is classed as a grey import. Only marginally better than getting from China. No UK Nikon guarantee, and you can never part ex/trade it in. Have also heard they use aggressive selling during aftersales.

As above look at the likes of MPB photographic, Wex and London Camera exchange for second hand. Even better if you can find an ex demo (did this for my D610 and saved loads for a camera that looked like it had never left the box!) as well 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought from slrhut.co.uk ?’ is closed to new replies.