• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,001 through 3,040 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • Kryton57

They aren’t that bad, or weren’t.

I don’t think thats this real issue. Theres an initial underlying wave of bemusement about player choices, and the lack of consitency at centre. That elevates into discontempt when you read through all the leaked issues that have been repeated in this thread.

We appear to have ruined our own RWC by indecision, paid-to-play players, nepotism and disagreement / argument on the training ground between coaches and players alike. It smacks of leaderless disorganisation not professionalism.

Now, if the team had consisted of the finest England players we have, in position, on form there would have still be some fan-bois discussion, but at least a silent acknlowedgement that we fielded our best and lost to better teams as opposed to not knowing what we fielded and losing to better teams.

Add to that the grovelling apologies from players, captains, coaches and continual facebook drivel which just makes it worse.

We want to see some quick professional action to (re)build a team ready to take on the 6N, and develop into a consistent International outfit for 2019, based on merit, skills in position and performance, non of the other BS. I don’t want to see Any Farrells son, the next RL convert or a junior experiement, I want the coaches to source and place the best in position players we have, and build them into a credible team.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

We want to see some quick professional action to (re)build a team ready to take on the 6N, and develop into a consistent International outfit for 2019, based on merit, skills in position and performance, non of the other BS. I don’t want to see Any Farrells son, the next RL convert or a junior experiement, I want the coaches to source and place the best in position players we have, and build them into a credible team.

Indeed but do you think we’ll get that? 😕

jambalaya
    Free Member

I can’t help myself but I’m responding about England again 😳

@igm indeed, that’s why I’m dissapointed as we should have at least made it out of the group even if it was just one more match against SA or getting demolished by NZ in the semi. I think our record over the last few years has been pretty decent, a couple of matches (one where we couldn’t beat the ref and one where we failed to deal with a very predictable Irish first half onslaught) from 2 grand slams. What we have been is consistently good but not better than that. What the RWC has done is make the 6N less relevant as a tournament especially after the first 2 after the RWC.

@Krypton yes agreed especially this

I don’t want to see Any Farrells son, the next RL convert or a junior experiement,

Looking forward to the weekends matches, all the sides have earnt to their places and deserve to be there. A surprise would be nice but I think we’ll have to wait for the semi’s for that.

Kryton57

Indeed but do you think we’ll get that?

We might, if we contract an experienced overseas coach will some balls to stand up to the RFU.

Looking forward to the weekends matches, all the sides have earnt to their places and deserve to be there.

100% agreed with this. Its going to be an excellent series of games, I can’t wait!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What the RWC has done is make the 6N less relevant as a tournament especially after the first 2 after the RWC.

I’d say the 6N is plenty relevant to Wales, Ireland, Scotland, Italy and, yes, France. It’s 5 games of top class test rugby every year, as an antidote to the anti-climax of January & February. Perhaps england have spent 12 years working towards another RWC, but AFAIR, their last RWC was built on the back of superiority in the 6N. Perhaps if they took the 6N more seriously, they might build some momentum towards a RWC instead of the constant “We’re building, so work with defeats by lesser nations like Ireland and Wales…we’ve got our eyes on the big prize lads.”

(I actually think they take the 6N a lot more seriously than jamba would like us to believe…but twelve years of a superiority complex starts to look a bit silly after a while.)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

wrecker
    Free Member

But yes, they really are that bad, relatively, IMHO.

Wales are 3 points better. 3 points.

scotroutes

“We don’t care about the 6N results as we don’t really take it seriously”. Is that the Twickenham Defence?

DanW
    Free Member

England’s problem is they care too much about trying to win everything and don’t actually give the young guns or form players a decent chance as a result. The fact they have a poor recent 6N record isn’t from tinkering with different players at all

Scamper
    Free Member

Wrecker, Australia are twenty points better than England. Twenty points. They are that bad, and its unacceptable.

wrecker
    Free Member

Still only 3 points away from wales. I’m happy to admit that england are shit, are you happy to say the same about wales, because that’s what it means.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Scablets currently taking Leinster to pieces on BBC2 Wales.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Just watched Mike Brown demonstrating how NOT to tackle Sailosi Tagicakibau in the Quins/Wasps game.

It looked a bit like Tuilagi running over that Jap in the RWC with his knee. Wonder if Tagicakibau will be cited?

Worcester putting up a good fight against the Saints. Heathcote playing well but missed 3 penalties that would have put them out of sight….

sputnik
    Free Member

Big day has arrived at last! I’m going to be generous to Wales and say Sprinboks to win by 10.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I said I don’t take the 6N that seriously the first two years after the RWC, as I posted we had a good good chance of 2 grand slams. Over the last 15 years to me it’s always been about being in a position to win the RWC, so that means the matches against the Southern Hemisphere teams are key benchmarks of how we are doing as you can’t win the RWC without beating them.

@sputnik yup me too, looking forward to it

toys19
    Free Member

Hmm thats a bit lame though isnt it. Surely if we are to be RWC winners we oight to be able to stomp the 6N. In fact statistics show that recent 6N winners do better in the RWC than recent 6N runners up..

anagallis_arvensis

said I don’t take the 6N that seriously the first two years after the RWC, as 

But what about the players and coaches?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I said I don’t take the 6N that seriously the first two years after the RWC, as I posted we had a good good chance of 2 grand slams. Over the last 15 years to me it’s always been about being in a position to win the RWC, so that means the matches against the Southern Hemisphere teams are key benchmarks of how we are doing as you can’t win the RWC without beating them

I see your points but the 6N is still a competition in its own right which England need to win. Besides, if you’re not good enough to win the 6N then you won’t be good enough to consistently beat the SH sides.

I think it’s 3 wins and a draw in 15 matches against the SH since the last RWC – which is pretty useless.

The only time we were in a position to win the RWC – we did.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hmm thats a bit lame though isnt it.

Yes, yes it is. As are the “we were only one try away…”, “we should have…”, “were it not for the ref, we would have…”

IdleJon

wrecker – Member

Still only 3 points away from wales. I’m happy to admit that england are shit, are you happy to say the same about wales, because that’s what it means.

I think most sensible Welsh people are slightly amazed that this team has got so far. It’s so far from a decent Welsh team that there are players that no-one has heard of, players who shouldn’t still be playing and James Hook. James Hook, by the gods! WHY?? How many players have to be injured before we bring that liability into the team?

(And we’ve been over this plenty of times – Wales have about 18 good players, compared to how many for England? Wales’s budget is about £3.57 compared to £67bn for England. Wales have to sew their own team kit whereas England have butlers… 😉 )

In short, you shouldn’t be comparing your team to Wales. But it would be arrogant not to, so you’re stuffed. 😀

anagallis_arvensis

I think it’s 3 wins and a draw in 15 matches against the SH since the last RWC – which is pretty useless.

Wales have 240 000 losses and one win and we are still in it…for a few more hours.
    I think England need to concentrate on picking a good team, sorting a game plan and then go out and try to win competitive six nations games to build a team with experience of winning big games, then move on to trying to beat SH teams more often. Thinking 6 nations losses dont matter only autumn test wins do is plain daft.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I think England need to concentrate on picking a good team, sorting a game plan

Tell that to Stuart Lancaster…….. 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cripes, Gray & Ford cleared on appeal!

igm

Gray & Ford news

And, a statement on the Rugby World Cup website read: “Having conducted a detailed review of all the evidence, including new submissions from the players and their representatives, along with all available camera angles, the appeal committee dismissed the finding that the players had committed an act of foul play as the player had not been dropped or driven and therefore the tackle was not dangerous.

“The players are therefore free to play again immediately.”

igm

Conspiracy corner… The three man appeal committee included one South African and one New Zealander. So no interest in giving teams the maximum chance of softening up the Aussies a bit before SA or NZ meet them then.

But it’s like I said, just robust rucking.

anagallis_arvensis

It was clearly illegal rucking as Gray lifted his leg. It clearly wasnt a tackle though. The whole citing process is a farce, this is just another example.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Here we go !

Kryton57

*is excite*

anagallis_arvensis

Thats **** ape!!!

anagallis_arvensis

Butchered again…**** me score

martinhutch

Oof!

NZCol

Go on Wales

taxi25
    Free Member

Wtf!!!!!

Kryton57

Here we go with the Biggar jigger..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

HEEEEEEEY Biggarena!

Kryton57

whhooop!!

anagallis_arvensis

Just went for a piss did I miss anything?

molgrips
    Free Member

That was proper class, that was.

martinhutch

Oh yeees!

Lifer
    Free Member

😡

Viewing 40 posts - 3,001 through 3,040 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.