Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • anybody watch Dexter?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

not noticed it ever being discussed on here!

who watches it?
    where are you up to (which series… dont give parts of the story as we might ruin bits for people behind on the series!)?
    did you prefer the books?

failedengineer

I saw the first couple of series before it went on to satellite and thought it was pretty good. Was thinking about buying the subsequent series on DVD.

MrGrim

Watched it since it started on FX. Just finished season 6 via American TV.

Milkie
    Free Member

I watch it.. Up to season 6. Not read the books.

There are some good underlying story lines throughout the series.

philconsequence
    Free Member

if you can get em at a good price i’d say go for it, mrsconsequence put on the first episode randomly the other night and i realised i’d probably quite enjoy watching them a second time 🙂 unsure i’d want to a 3rd time so its not something i’d pay loads for!

doof_doof
    Free Member

Just started S6. One of the few series that actually seems to get better, which is pretty tough considering the subject matter.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve seen it all. I think Season 1 and 4 are the best, the latest one was alright though and had a great ending.

Jamie
    Free Member

Watched them all…not sure why, as season 6 was piss poor in my opinion.

philconsequence
    Free Member

s6 is a good’n 😈

the only other series that ends on a clifhanger is s4, i’m not sure if the end of s6 is as good or better…. i felt like i could predict what might happen in the next series at the end of s4, but s7 could go in so many directions i’m jsut gunna sit back and wait for it to happen 😀

EDIT – see that Jamie chap, he’s wrong. x

mrben100
    Free Member

Watched the episodes that were shown on terrestrial tv. Has been nowt since – all on satellite.

So I think only series 1 & 2 – t’was bloody good.

Bimbler
    Free Member

I saw the first couple of series before it went on to satellite and thought it was pretty good. Was thinking about buying the subsequent series on DVD.

This.

I doubted too how they could keep up the basic premise without spinning off into incredulity. They succeed, I take it, in keeping the story lines just about believable?

nobtwidler
    Free Member

I watched them all on love film agreed each series gets better!

Jamie
    Free Member

s6 is a good’n

Reeeaaaally? Now I wont say why I think it is pap, as others will not have seen it. But, c’mon!

The only good bit was how it ended in setting up S07.

uwe-r
    Free Member

The end of S4 is epic tv. Almost of the scale how good the end of that one is.

Haven’t seen s6 yet

oli82
    Free Member

The books are pretty good until the supernatural nonsense ruins it 🙁

mega
    Free Member

really enjoyed it
    dark, funny and gripping at times

soobalias
    Free Member

watched some of it, S2/3 i think

didnt know there was boxsets or books, but will bear it in mind as i really liked what i saw

is it worth starting from the beginning?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Mustard and I are working our way through the series, not long finished season 2. Love it. Just wish the person who has season 3 on love film would hurry up and send it back before i end up buying it instead!

chvck
    Free Member

Yup love it, watched it all and read the books!

_tom_
    Free Member

Seasons 3 and 5 have been the weakest imo. I could have done without seeing S3.

IHN

Saw 1 and 2 and 3. Loved them

philconsequence
    Free Member

same _tom_! mrsconsequence still enjoyed them, but for me the extra characters that make s3 and s5 stand out (really trying not to give anything away) made it harder to believe, they’re still important to the on-going story and character development though i guess 🙂

ThePilot
    Free Member

I started watching it recently. Was glued to the TV for the whole day. It’s fantastic!

uwe-r
    Free Member

Season three is poor and you start to think this is trailing off until you get into 4.

kimbers

only seen the ones on regular TV
    series 1-2

may well download the rest as ITV dont seem to be showing it anymore?

but ive still got to finish series 2 of teh killing and then crack into my twin peaks boxed set and sons of anarchy has started again on 5us so im gradually building them up on my PVR and i was planning to download HD game of thrones too!

philconsequence
    Free Member

twin peaks
    sons of anarchy
    game of thrones

all excellent choices 😀 i might or might not be able to confirm that all the dexters are available on them there torrent sites…. only know this becaase a friend told me honest

toby1

Dexter is great, as are the books – it does have weaker series but on the whole is still darkly entertaining.

The kids are better in the books though, not the shiny US tv series.

Trinity was an excellent story line.

Pigface
    Free Member

Excellent TV

headfirst
    Free Member

Just finished series 4 the other week, a great series with a cracking ending – I went back and watched the last ten minutes again I was that dumb-founded!

Series 5 is on my lovefilm list, but I’m the only one in the house who watches it, it creeps my wife and daughters out!

chomp
    Free Member

I’ve just started season 6, have to say I’m not as into it as was to start with (first season was absolutely brilliant, others not quite met the standard and agree season 3 was the weakest of the bunch).

All in all it’s very watchable, and one of the few tv shows I bother with past the first season

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’m up-to-date, series six not quite as good as the earlier stuff but still good, I thought the cat and mouse stuff with Doakes was the best proper edge of the seat stuff. Biggest lol was the clingfilm dude in the last series. Another two seasons have been commisioned.

The new series of Spartacus is out, shame about Andy Whitfield but it still seems pretty tidy.

Kryton57

I’m worried I’ve missed something now. Season 5 is the one with Lumen, right? Season 6 not yet on UK tv?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Have watched them all. Series 6 as a whole was pretty good, some of the individual episodes were not brilliant though.

I cant wait to see where they take series 7 and 8.

scotia
    Free Member

seen them all incl 6…great so far!

was a bit disappointed about 6 but it has more than made up for it (although does take a different step than all the other seasons..).

Sidney
    Free Member

Watched up to 5. Waiting to get season 6 at some point. Not read the books.

goslow

I’ve watched the first five. Enjoyed the 5th season most.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘anybody watch Dexter?’ is closed to new replies.