Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anybody want a Guinea Pig?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Last August we bought 3 guines pigs for our daughters who now pretty much ignore them. We have agreed that it’s time for them to go somewhere where they will be appreciated more. They’re lovely little things and frankly have a good life, but I want to see them being played with.
    So if anybody would like a free 10 month old guinea pig (or two) and are near Chester then email me.

wwaswas

We had the same problem with ours – desperate to get some rabbits and then ignored them after a fortnight. Seems to be the way with most children and pets.

If yours could do this I can see some betting opportunities;

ocrider

I’m sure that you could find some South Americans on Gumtree who would be willing to take them off your hands.
    I’m not sure that they would be played with, as all the South Americans I have met have impeccable table manners.

sharkbait
    Free Member

^ ’tis tempting.

Esme
    Free Member

My parents had the same problem with our pet rabbits. That stew is the reason I’m now a vegetarian.

But to be fair, they didn’t tell us until a few days afterwards. It would be unspeakably cruel to force your kid to knowingly eat their pet!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Pics please – the GF might want one.

Shackleton

At the risk of coming across all soft can I ask that if anybody wants one of them then take them all. They don’t like living on their own, especially if it is a result of them being split up after living together. Looking after 3 is hardly any more hastle than one.

One of our pair died and we had to get another (ended up being another two as they were rescued animals) to cheer the remaining one up as it was getting seriously miserable. Definitely happier now.

Cheers,

P

carlosg
    Free Member

We have a single pig who is quite happy on her own , her daughter passed away about 3 months ago and she seems much more content to be a single piggy.

catatemygoldfish
    Free Member

Agree with Shackleton, they do for the most part prefer to be in a group as they are socialable animals. That said, I have a female living by herself at the minute and she is much happier alone – she usuually ends up fighting with the rest when they are together.

Gruenermoench
    Free Member

How do you know that she prefers being on her own? GP’s are actually group animals and should therefore never be on their own.

carlosg
    Free Member

How do you know that she prefers being on her own? GP’s are actually group animals and should therefore never be on their own.

Her behavior since becoming an only pig seems to show she is happier on her own. Her daughter was a bit of a bully and also ate the lions share of the food/veggies. Dogs are also group animals does this mean all owners of single dogs should rush out to buy/adopt another?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Dogs are also group animals does this mean all owners of single dogs should rush out to buy/adopt another?

No but generally dogs align themselves in the family as part of the pack/family. GPs would struggle to do that when they’re kept in a cage and not part of day to day life?

catatemygoldfish
    Free Member

Fair point – I don’t know that she prefers being on her own, maybe she enjoys biting the other three guinea pigs. From their point of view though I’m sure they much prefer her living away from them.

carlosg
    Free Member

Our guinea pig/s like the rabbit before them live inside the house and are a day to day part of our lives.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anybody want a Guinea Pig?’ is closed to new replies.