• This topic has 125 replies, 68 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IA.
Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • ANYbody use a tablet other than ipad
  • toys19
    Free Member

They’re not “Apple” keyboards – just 3rd party cases with Bluetooth keyboards on them (typically £20-30).

Well that kind of contradicts your comparison even more, the fact is they are not designed by apple and everyone above says apple are so great because they control the hardware.

You can’t play whack-a-mole with me sonny jim.. 😆

logical
    Free Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note. Which is brilliant. Had a couple of Archos’s before it. Including a G9. But the Note is head and shoulder above it.

GrahamS

Well that kind of contradicts your comparison even more

Eh? I was just pointing out that the Asus Transformer’s apparent USP of having a detachable keyboard, is in fact perfectly do-able with just about any tablet (Apple or Android!).

*whack*

the fact is they are not designed by apple

Actually Apple do one too. But I wouldn’t choose it myself.

*whack*

everyone above says apple are so great because they control the hardware.

Yep. Delineated at sensible hardware boundaries. The keyboard can be anything, because there is a nice standard Bluetooth interface for them, so no (major) compatibility issues. Likewise they don’t insist your headphones, telly or speakers are made by Apple when connecting to them.

*whack*

😉

IA

Actually Apple do one too. But I wouldn’t choose it myself.

Apple keyboards are ace. So much so I’m typing on one of those right now (my own one, but at work, on a XP machine)

GrahamS

Apple keyboards are ace.

I’m sure it is lovely, but it doesn’t do one important thing that all those third party keyboard cases do, which is hold up the iPad in front of you so you can see what you are typing.

IA

Yeah, but I’ve used it with my iPad exactly once, and then not bothered (i’ve had the keyboard for years).

And my ipad stands up itself with the smart cover anyhow.

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘ANYbody use a tablet other than ipad’ is closed to new replies.