Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Anybody had an On One nicked ?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

Give the man a dictionary or a spell-check software!
    And beat the living daylight out of him if he stole the bike!

Toasty

it is a full size downhill style frame

That was the line that got me! I'm with that guy, more rigid 29ers downhilling please.

Shame really as that's EXACTLY what I'm looking for, same size and everything. Grr.

dmoffitt90
    Free Member

doesn't look like a 21" frame tnbh

DaveGr
    Free Member

And beat the living daylight out of him if he stole the bike!

I'd be carefull if you go round – looks like he's got a lion guarding the place !!!!

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

wait. that's already been on once?!?

bommer
    Free Member

twice

BillMC

'bed knee'? lol

speaker2animals

I think it's mine but I can't prove it. This is at least 2nd time he's listed it on eBay. Funnily last time someone had bid £260 but obviously didn't win it. Funny that. We've flagged eBay but they do nowt except tell you to inform police. Waste of time as I never got round to noting the serial number on the frame.

spooky_b329

Bikie, if you bought it from new would On-One have kept a record? Not so sure with dealing direct, but bike shops will often keep a record.

megastream
    Free Member

he sounds like a dumb-ass, why not contact him asking for the 'model number' off the bottom of the bike?

A fiver says he will (assuming he can read numbers – he's probably only ever used numbers in ounces :mrgreen: )

samuri
    Free Member

kudos to him for including the two MASSIVE valentines days cards.

Lesson learned for everyone I think, serial number and photos as soon as it's in your possession. Store away carefully.

I think the suggestion above has some mileage though, I would have thought on-one keep a record of the serial numbers against customers, as will most shops.

qwerty
    Free Member
    tron
    Free Member

Seriously, don't give up on getting it back just because you don't have the frame number. I got my Inbred recovered by the police (the actually went and found it once they knew it was worth real money), and I didn't have a frame number. I did, however, have my knowledge of the bike, so I could tell them what forks it had, down to exact model and year, exactly what parts were on it, where there were little dings etc.

Alternately, be the winning bidder, turn up mob handed and take it off him. The guy blatantly knows he's shifting stolen gear, which is why he's got a fairly new account with 1 feedback.

MrTall
    Free Member

I actually checked my Inbred this morning for the frame number but there is nothing stamped on the bottom of the BB shell where they usually are?

Are the On One frame numbers stamped somewhere else on the Inbred 29ers?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Seriously, don't give up on getting it back just because you don't have the frame number. I got my Inbred recovered by the police (the actually went and found it once they knew it was worth real money), and I didn't have a frame number. I did, however, have my knowledge of the bike, so I could tell them what forks it had, down to exact model and year, exactly what parts were on it, where there were little dings etc.

A friend of my parents was in the olympic canoeing team and had his trek madone (IIRC) stolen arround 2003, it was barely a few weeks old. But he could identify it by upgraded brakes/chain, bar tape, scuff on the top tube etc.

Turned up 4 years later on ebay after the 'owner' had stored it and 10's-100's of other stolen bikes in a lockup with the intention of flogging them on ebay once no one was looking for them anymore.

samuri
    Free Member

Thanks qwerty, good idea. I've registered all my bikes that are currently stored outside plus my ipod and netbook.

thepodge
    Free Member

You honestly think on one who sell a couple hundred frames a week keep a record of every bb number logged against customer records? That would be a mamoth and pointless task

dmoffitt90
    Free Member

To be honest its not that unrealistic, my employer, a large supermarket, take a note of the persons details whenever they are buying any mobile phone and they sell loads of them

thepodge
    Free Member

I can assure you they don't keep a record

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Asked him some questions about age / use and whether he had proof of purchase and received this response:

hi i do have proof ov purchase thax i am quit offended that u might sugest that this bike might be stolen im 48 year old man and i have reccently had a heartattack an thats why the bike is for sell thanx foryou queston i hope you are satisfied with your answer andrew

dave360

It must be a legit on-one owner, he's using the Mbukizer
    http://on-one.co.uk/up_one/oldsite/mbukizer.html

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

hi i do have proof ov purchase thax i am quit offended that u might sugest that this bike might be stolen im 48 year old man and i have reccently had a heartattack an thats why the bike is for sell thanx foryou queston i hope you are satisfied with your answer andrew

On 13-Mar-10 at 19:15:38 GMT, seller added the following information:
    bed knee forces sale

Hmmm bit fishy to me!!

tron
    Free Member

To be honest its not that unrealistic, my employer, a large supermarket, take a note of the persons details whenever they are buying any mobile phone and they sell loads of them

Fairly sure that's a legal requirement, in order to make it very slightly more difficult for criminals / terrorists to use PAYG phones as a method of communicating relatively untraceably.

dmoffitt90
    Free Member

I assure you they do. All phones are tracked as soon as they come in the door. Would be a good idea for knowing original bicycle owners if ever dealing with warrenty issues I suppose or theft.

thepodge
    Free Member

No I meant on one, how would I know what your work does?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Anybody had an On One nicked ?’ is closed to new replies.