Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anybody else take delivery of their Bronson this week?
  • neallyman
    Free Member

I know that Jungle had a large consignment come in, I’d been waiting since May and the frame arrived Thurs. First ride today/tomorrow hopefully.

Got it built yesterday, fairly minimal fuss although I’ll still need to fettle a few things. Carpark test felt very nice.

Just wondering what initial thoughts anybody else had on their new toy.
    cheers

zelak999
    Free Member

I test rode a large aluminium Bronson yesterday in Sedona.
    It surprised me how good it rode as I’m used to a large Blur LTc.
    I thought the large Bronson would be too big but it felt perfect even with a 70mm stem.
    You can guess what’s on my bike ‘most needed’ list!

stuarty
    Free Member

Gits

neallyman
    Free Member

Had a local ride earlier today. First time out and had a blast, felt at home straight away, can’t wait to get out more on it. Very taught/stiff, great for putting power down. 650b wheel size also felt surprisingly noticeable, I had thought I’d barely notice. All good.

zelak999
    Free Member

I was also surprised how ‘rollable’ the 650b wheel size was too, I really didn’t think I would notice a difference.
    The bike flew uphill too, even with the rear shock fully open.
    What size frame is that neallyman?
    Did you get the wheel set made up? Looks like Pro2 hubs?

neallyman
    Free Member

That is a large frame. I’m 6ft and it is ideal, medium would be too short. The hubs are actually superstar tesla, the rear has a 120point/3degree engagement which I was very impressed with, not dissimilar to dt Swiss 240’s…but not as expensive!!!

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Are BOS making 650b forks yet? Looks quite tight for clearance at the front. Also is it a 160mm fork?

Looks awesome though, and i’m jealous.

neallyman
    Free Member

Yes BOS have just released the 650B Deville’s in the past few weeks, but these are the standard 160mm 26″ I had from previous build. And yes clearance is very tight, something I’m going to have to keep an eye on. If it turns out to be an issue I have my eye on some new 150mm Pikes which have the same axle to crown height as these anyway.

mattjg
    Free Member

more pics please

neallyman
    Free Member

Took these while building it yesterday.

jam-bo

I test rode one a few weeks back. Distinctly underwhelmed.

It was a good bike but I’d expect something special for that sort of money.

zelak999
    Free Member

@jam bo
    Did you test ride the Bronson in Devon? If so where?
    Just curious as I fancy a test ride on my local trails before committing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anybody else take delivery of their Bronson this week?’ is closed to new replies.