Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Giro d'italia EPO positive test – Vini Fantini
  • titusrider
    Free Member

idiot:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/santambrogio-suspended-by-uci-for-epo-positive

hope its not the end for the team, they have a kool name and have produced some exciting racing….. (which may have been drug fuelled.. ) 😕

wwaswas

never sure whether to resent these people for making me question the credentials of anyone who wins a stage or race or to be grateful that the testign process seems to be finding them. Both, I suppose.

leffeboy

🙁

MSP

Unusual for Italian riders to get caught at the giro 😉

crazy-legs

Unusual for Italian riders to get caught at the giro

Spanish riders at the Vuelta seem to be afflicted by a very similar phenomenon…

😉

brakes
    Free Member

oh dear, wonder what the sports director will have to say about this one. he was very critical of having to put Di Luca in the team against his supposed wishes… was Santambrogio also forced upon him?

reckon this team might implode now. were they new? I’d not heard of them.

Lifer
    Free Member

Vini Festina 😆

Oh and brakes:

Directeur sportif Luca Scinto spoke briefly to Tuttobiciweb before being formally questioned in Rome by Italian anti-doping officials about Di Luca’s EPO positive.

“It’s the end of our project,” Scinto said.

“What can I say, I’m stunned. I defended him more than any other rider because right from the start in Naples there were really bad rumours going around about him. I didn’t want to believe him and more than once I talked to him face to face. He said: ‘It’s only jealously, don’t worry but you can’t keep asking me questions because they’re offensive.”

Soon after Scinto tweeted: “You’re right. Massacre me. I trusted them. They’re mad and I’m an idiot to believe them. They’re crazy and sick.”

tang
    Free Member

Think they thought it was the good old days judging by their fluro kit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Giro d'italia EPO positive test – Vini Fantini’ is closed to new replies.