Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • Anybody else ever lost fancy kit?
  • duckman

Cheer me up; Santa brought me a lovely pair of walking poles.I took them out on boxing day and have just realised I left them against a signpost in the Carn Mairg carpark.Gutted; £60 for one walk,Anybody else ever been as big a muppet?

sc-xc

Bloody Poles, coming here taking our jobs.

mrmo
    Free Member

i forgot to pick up a 3 day old Giro Pneumo from a left luggage locker at Geneva Airport. This was when they were first released and were actually expensive.

luked2
    Free Member

I went for a walk up Ben More (nr Crianlarich) and dropped my quite-new and quite-expensive digital camera on the way up.

Searched high and low, couldn’t find it.

Mentioned it to the B&B people, who mentioned it to the police.

And the following afternoon it was returned! Somebody found it the next morning walking their dog!

(Bit damp, as it was a cold foggy night, but recovered just fine).

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wife left some oakley radars at a lift station in the alps. Second ever ride out with them.

guitarhero
    Free Member

Left my Oakley M frame glasses and spare lenses in their hard case in a car park after a ride. £100+
    Left my few ride old DT2350 front wheel in a car park after a ride. Didn’t realise till next day. Funnily enough it wasn’t there when I went back. £260
    That’s my two biggest, but there have been others. Feeling better?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Left a pair of Oakleys round a mate’s place a few years ago. Somehow, he managed to lose them. Don’t ask me how (I think his psycho GF may have thrown them out actually).

£400 worth of custom one-off RX prescription Oakleys. 😥

coffeeking
    Free Member

Lost, or rather decided not to chase any further, a £300 kiteboard after ditching in heavy onshore winds, 10ft waves and a strong outward tide. dragged in, ditched kite and swam back out after it and could see it getting further and further away from me but had to admit defeat/the loss as I started to lose sight of shore and was getting a bit too tired to swim against the tide. Best choice I ever made, I really understood the meaning of “exhausted” when the adrenalin of being “lost at sea” vanished as I reached the beach and collapsed for 5 minutes in the shallows trying to gather my senses and stop my legs shaking.

Harry_the_Spider

The wife’s Oakleys fell out of the pram in Tesco. Gutted.

Admiralable
    Free Member

Mate and me found a pair of fancy walking sticks boxing day. Had a great time playing Star Wars with them till they broke 🙁 rather disapointed really. 🙁

I left a pair of Fox forks on a train back from Mojo once after having just had them serviced too 🙁 £560 for some new ones. They got handed in to lost property though and Arriva trains gave them me back 3 weeks later. After I’d bought the new ones.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Left a pair of new sunglasses at the airport on the way home from holiday. 80 quid.

Couldn’t find my leatherman on another holiday – turned out to be buried my handluggage – Greek security were only too happy to relieve me of it 100 quid

duckman

Grand,now to show this thread to Mrs Duck!

oxnop
    Free Member

Yep – Left my Met Kaos superlight helmet (120 quids worth) at the roadside on Tuesday! I went and bought a new Giro Xen as I was riding yesterday and then received a phone call a few mins later saying it had been handed in at the pub!

Gutted

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I took them out on boxing day and have just realised I left them against a signpost in the Carn Mairg carpark

Goes to show just how much you don’t really need them…….. 😛

coffeeking
    Free Member

Presumably he meant AFTER the walk?

BigDummy
    Free Member

I left a Rapha winter hat on a train once. That was ouchy. 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

Rode with a guy (during the day) who had an exposure joystick on his helmet (without a lanyard).

No prizes for guessing what happened.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well you deserve it really BigDummy.

crikey
    Free Member

I spent 10 minutes walking back down a 40 odd degree slope to reclaim a Decathlon fleece that I dropped at the bottom of the hill, then another 15 minutes climbing back up to my rucksack today.

£8 that fleece was…

GW
    Free Member

walking poles? find a nice big stick and MTFU

jools182
    Free Member

lost £50 cash at a classic car show in Bamford last summer

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

LOL @ GW!! Are you feeling better now that there are plenty of muppets out there? Is the Mrs mad as they were a present from her and now she thinks that you thought it was a c*** present and ditched them on purpose?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Those Decathlon fleeces are bloody excellent VFM! Better than my £30 Berghaus ones actually. I’d’ve gone back for it too, bloody right I would’ve.

I once lent a mate of mine a Nikon film cam and lens. Probbly about £250 worth s/h. The numpty left it on a Tube train. My GF at the time’s very adorable but quite young and sweet and innocent and naive little friend said brightly ‘oh but someone will hand it in for sure so you’ll get it back’. Bless her.

She was right and all! 😯 😳

samuri
    Free Member

I lost a 120 quid GPS a few months back when I fell off.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Bit of a theme with Oakleys. Chucked mine at my pit man during a cross race and someone nipped in and ran off with them.

drifting_james
    Free Member

My Oakley M frames are on Dartmoor somewhere….

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Drifting_James .. aren’t those the ones in my pocket ;-0

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Left a brand new pair of top of the range Nike MTB shoes outside the showers at Margam Park enduro a couple of years back, never seen again. I then repeated the same trick 6 months later, I took them off next to my van to pick up before I left, someone saw them and pushed them further under to stop someone stealing them, I didn’t remember them because I didn’t see them and drove off, only realized when I’d got home and couldn’t find them.

Also lost a pair of Oakley M-frames in a bush at Mountain Mayhem after crashing, couldn’t find em for all my searching!

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

a pair of oakley minutes on a train, they taken from my head while I was sleeping.

no idea where I left my rab down jacket

duckman

I took them out on boxing day and have just realised I left them against a signpost in the Carn Mairg carpark

Goes to show just how much you don’t really need them……..

Not that day,ice axe and crampons weather; new poles stayed in the sack until I got back to carpark and took them out so I could stuff all my gear into my rucksack an avoid the fug of sweaty walker in the car.Actually maybe I will not show my wife this thread!

M-C; I picked them! But I do have previous for leaving a hideous Paul Smith scarf on a train…

Thanks folks, cheered me up,I am going to try lost property tmw mind.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

New Year before last I lost a brand new Nikon compact digital camera – bounced out of my Camelbak that I forgot to zip up – on the descent to Manaton from Bowerman’s Nose.

khani
    Free Member

Two pairs of Oakleys lost here, I’m not allowed any more 😥
    My £12.99 crc speshs can’t be lost, I’ve tried an they keep coming back….

squiff
    Free Member

I’ve lost nowt, But I seem to find a lot of Oakley sunglasses on my travels 😉

Merak

el Gato Negro

a pair of oakley minutes on a train, they taken from my head while I was sleeping.

Thats low. I hate losing stuff, especially pricey kit.

Northwind

I lost my Bolle sunglasses on a descent in france. Lucky they were £3 really. I know myself too well to buy Oakleys :mrgreen:

OTOH… I left my last camera on the west highland way one night, while pissed out of my skull. Spent ages the next day looking for it, not a sign. Gave up, left my details at the campsite just on the offchance. Days later a walker found it and handed it in, and it was right as rain. There are cool people still out there (and also Canon make good cameras!) I know people who just write things off as soon as they’re lost but they do sometimes come back to you.

firestarter
    Free Member

I left a dt ex1750 front wheel in a car park , I realised and drove straight back it was still there 😉 but it had been driven over 🙁 at least I salvaged the hub lol

KT1973
    Free Member

I left my wallet in El Segundo

kudos100
    Free Member

Raybans on a downhill run. Schoolboy error, had them on my t-shirt 😳

bassspine
    Free Member

I had a really good Savier hoody bought when I was over in Oregon, left it either on the roof of my car or in a pub in Bristol while coming down with flu 🙁

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

3rd ride with a pair of spesh adaptalite glasses… must have hooked them into my jersey at some point, cos i never saw them again 🙁

funnily enough none of the big group of riders down the same (little used) trail had seen them either… 🙄

i did go back and ride the trail 3 times over the next 2 weeks aswell 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Anybody else ever lost fancy kit?’ is closed to new replies.