Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Anybody done a ouija board???
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I haven't but I'd be interested to hear of any experiences from those who have.

Let us know what happened….

DS

pjbarton
    Free Member

yes. derren brown (and others) explains the science behind it. I did it at uni and people dropped out until there was two of us and it kept going which doesn't make sense as you can push but not pull. it was pretty freaky.

tyger
    Free Member

Best stay well clear IMO

thomthumb
    Free Member

yeah – did it at uni, spelled out some unpronouncable name like tagfapl. one of my mates was convinced that the ghost of 'tagfapple' or what ever stupid combo of leters it was. the rest of us got bored and rolled another fatty. load of BS in my opinion. the rational part of me doesn't believe in spirits…

tazzymtb

as a bod who used to practice magic of slightly grey nature, I'd say stay well clear, not beacuse it contacts sprits but beacuse it lets all sorts of suppressed subconcious gubbins out and if you're not prepared it can **** you're brain a wee bit. Mate ended up cutting himself to ribbons under the influence of his "spirit guide" not pretty to see!

simonralli2
    Free Member

If you are going to experiment, then at least buy one with decent instructions, and an after-sales service 🙂

http://www.sorcerers-apprentice.co.uk/ouijatxt.htm

The link has some more info you may find interesting.

DrDolittle
    Free Member

NOTE: THIS BOARD IS NOT MADE FROM WOOD.

Do not send for this ouija if you expect it to be made out of wood.
    This is a piece of genuine psychic equipment designed to make contact with spirits and astral intelligences.

We can make you one out of wood.

Now with extra Spirit Invocatory Dial – provides method of selecting spirits in your locality[/b]

How does that work?

iDave
    Free Member

How does that work?

magic

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well what ever the product, there are always people looking for niche uber-expensive stuff ay?

DrDolittle
    Free Member

Can the Spirit Invocatory Dial contact celebrity "deads" or just local ghosts?

iamtheresurrection

Ask all taking part to only touch the glass with their finger nails, which have no grip. Watch the glass stay absolutely still…

vernon-sez
    Free Member

Erm, have dabbled with this, the only outcome was all were scared sh1tle$$

Be careful

Spaceman
    Free Member

I dabbled with this when about 17, well scary, no one pushing or pulling the glass, amongst other things the board answered questions only you could know the answer to, and spelled out the name of someone we later found out had died in a house fire which had occurred virtually on the site of the place we were doing the board. At the end of one session the glass flew off the table and smashed into smithereens on the floor, we shat ourselves and ran out into the dark leaving building unattended! Scary biscuits. Although I think the phenomenon is probably more to do with some kind of collective mind power or somesuch (I'm not an expert obviously!) rather than ghosties.

Flaperon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiomotor_effect

We tried one at school when I was about 10. Teacher went absolutely beserk when she found out, though even then we knew that ghosts didn't exist.

tyger
    Free Member

You've been warned 🙂

Ti29er
    Free Member

When I was at school, aged about 13, some of the older borders had a bad experience, one ended up on the roof and had to physically restrained and then the school chaplin came in an exorcised them all.

So taking this as our cue, we did something similar but all in aid of spooking a new boy whom we disliked. Rigged up the dorm, had a hoot when he finally made his run for it screaming down the corridor for all he was worth. Next term he returned to being a day boy again – I wonder why?

tails
    Free Member

I believe your money would be better spent on MDMA and a rave.

househusband

Went round my secondary school when I was in my teens, mid-80's… it was like wildfire and pupils were getting very upset and hysterical – ended up having a school assembly and large scale exorcism by the school Rev.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I've never been anywhere near one, and wouldnd't have one in the house because a) If they work as they should, they're scary and dangerous and b) If they DON'T work, then they're scary, dangerous and a waste of money.

jon1973
    Free Member

Can the Spirit Invocatory Dial contact celebrity "deads" or just local ghosts?

Would they be included in my free minutes?

thepurist

One experience in my teens – at a mate's house where they had a spanish au-pair. She was in the room but not touching the glass. The table had loads of marks & stuff on the surface so if you tried to drag the glass it would catch and topple – but the thing started flying around like it was on ice. Then it started spelling out something and as we called out the letters the au-pair started going mental – it was the name of her uncle who'd died the year before… then we all stopped.

Harry_the_Spider

What a load of old

IanMunro
    Free Member

Our R.E. teacher at school warned us of the perils of it, but we ignored him and had a go. At first it was a giggle, but then it spelt the name out of the child who'd died the term before. After that the lights flicked on and off in the room and we totally freaked out, then the television switched on, and Dave, who bought the board, was sucked into it. Green slime started oozing out of the power sockets so we fled the house. As we left the ground opened up around the house and swallowed it, leaving nothing but a faint whiff of sulphur.
    We didn't mention anything about it at school the next day as we didn't think people would believe us.

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

Prtook in the ouija(?) when i was at an Air Cadets camp, spent the week making people think i could channel the dead to point out how stupid they were (i was bullied a lot so i used common sense over them)

load of old nonsense, but one of the guys told his mother when he got home, she was a devout christian and next time i went to their house she spent 3 hours trying to denounce the demon that lived inside me and made me watch christian videos…….that was the only negative effect from trying it for a laugh…….she was **** nuts

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What a whole load of twaddle. Pure and simple. Any affects from using one say more about the person using it (and their gullibility) than any magic or spirits.

100% complete hogwash.

Do any of you get scared watching Most Haunted?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Is that an old Brasher Fellmaster above?

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Do any of you get scared watching Most Haunted?

Does that have that bloke Derek Acorah (or something) in? What a complete w@nk£r he is!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I think it is – but the same sort of hogwash as a game board in a darkened room IMO.

AB
    Free Member

I haven't used one myself, not because I'm scared of demons, but more because I know the mind is a powerful thing that can easily play tricks on you and I don't really want to leave myself open to that. I do subscribe to the notion that it's outcomes can be explained by William Benjamin Carpenter 's Ideomotor effect

Interesting snippets from Wiki:

In 1944, occultist Manly P. Hall, the founder of the Philosophical Research Society and an early authority on the occult in the 20th century, stated in Horizon magazine that, "during the last 20-25 years I have had considerable personal experience with persons who have complicated their lives through dabbling with the Ouija board. Out of every hundred such cases, at least 95 are worse off for the experience." He went on to say that, "I know of broken homes, estranged families, and even suicides that can be traced directly to this source."

The former medical director of the State Insane Asylum of New Jersey, Dr. Curry, stated that the Ouija board was a "dangerous factor" in unbalancing the mind and believed that if their popularity persisted insane asylums would be filled with people who used them.

Decades later, in 1965, parapsychologist Martin Ebon in his book Satan Trap: Dangers of the Occult, states that "it all may start harmlessly enough, perhaps with a Ouija board," which will, "bring startling information… establishing credibility or identifying itself as someone who is dead. It is common that people… as having been 'chosen' for a special task." He continues, "Quite often the Ouija turns vulgar, abusive or threatening. It grows demanding and hostile, and sitters may find themselves using the board compulsively, as if 'possessed' by a spirit, or hearing voices that control or command them."

In her 1971 autobiography, the psychic Susy Smith said, "Warn people away from Ouija and automatic writing. I experienced many of the worst problems of such involvement. Had I been forewarned by reading that such efforts might cause one to run the risk of being mentally disturbed, I might have been more wary."

Only recently, well known psychic Sylvia Brown made her appearance on The Montel Williams Show stating that Ouija boards were dangerous.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

but more because I know the mind is a powerful thing that can easily play tricks on you

It might be simplistic to think this, but surely you have to have a part of your mind open to the belief that it works in order for it to have even a psychological effect on you? I refuse to believe that it works at all, in the slightest so for a part of my mind to 'think' it would be impossible.

I would quite happily do a Ouji board in the most haunted house in the world whilst Derek Pakora whispered in my ear on Hallow'een whilst burning black candles beneath a pentagon painted in the blood of a freshly killed sacrificial goat and delivered by the hand of a fair virgin in a coffee cup belonging to Beelzebub.

AB
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion…but surely you have to have a part of your mind open to the belief that it works in order for it to have even a psychological effect on you? I refuse to believe that it works at all, in the slightest so for a part of my mind to 'think' it would be impossible…

So are you saying that you can completely control your subconscious?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So are you saying that you can completely control your subconscious

No – I am saying that I 100% do not believe in any paranormal activity. I have no doubt at all that it is nothing but irrational fear brought on by being indoctrinated in the belief that playing on one is somehow occult and can bear on reality. It is no different that being scared of spiders – equally irrational.

So I do not see how playing a board game will somehow unlock deep, dark recesses of my mind and let out demons because I simply cannot accept that they exist in the first place.

AB
    Free Member

I too am a complete sceptic, but like I said – the mind is a complex tool and why **** with it when you don't need to?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I was thinking about this more last night (how sad) – how could this board game **** with your mind? It isn't as if it is hypnotherapy or anything that potentially unlocks deep recesses of your mind. It is just people sat in a room with the lights switched off pushing an upturned mug around and trying to scare each other.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I would quite happily do a Ouji board in the most haunted house in the world whilst Derek Pakora whispered in my ear on Hallow'een whilst burning black candles beneath a pentagon painted in the blood of a freshly killed sacrificial goat and delivered by the hand of a fair virgin in a coffee cup belonging to Beelzebub.

LOL.

Anyway. What tyres for the Astral Plane?

RustySpanner

Dunno, but the frame would be a Spooky.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

They would appear to work due to something caled ideomotor action, whereby the people involved in the seance are actually moving the glass or planchette incrementally, but are convinced, due to a little psychological tic known as subconcsious fraud, that in fact it is moving due to paranormal activity.
    Interesting to read the other threads, I think most people have similar stories about using ouija boards, generally from their schooldays.
    Dont get me wrong, I'm not a total sceptic, and would dearly love to believe that in some way, we go on after death, but to my knowledge, hard scientific facts have so far been in short supply. I used to be a member of a paranormal research group (the ghost club of Great Britain), and have spent more nights in supposedly haunted buildings than I care to remember, and sadly, never saw or heard anything that supplied measurable, scientific fact. Generally, if you're alone in an old building that has a reputation for being 'haunted', you're going to attribute any old creak or bump in the night as 'paranormal'- I'd put most of what I experienced down to dodgy plumbing and the noises a house makes when it's 'settling down'. Haunted pubs and hotels are big business now, due in no small part to Most haunted, a bigger pile of sh**te I have yet to see. You may have noticed that I said 'most of what I experienced' – there have been a couple of experiences (most noticeably at Chillingham castle in Northumberland, and a pub called the White hart in Ludgvan, Cornwall) that I had no rational explanation for, but again, other than a couple of 'odd' photographs and strange noises on digital recorders, there is little scientific evidence. Anybody interested in this sort of thing should read 'tricks of the mind' by Derren Brown, or 'Six feet over' by Mary Roach. Busting makes me feel good!

SiB
    Free Member

Did it with an ex years ago, neither of us 'believed' in it to begin with then it kept 'telling' us things that only I could possibly know and considering I only did it to see if it worked I was definitely not pushing/pulling the glass. It was all to do with the previous owners of the house where I lived who had built it, it even spelt out the surname of the builder/previous occupier which was a very strange name that the ex couldnt possibly have known. Lots of other info that only I could know, it was an eye opener. Previous owner had died from alcohol abuse (only I knew this) and the last words spelt out very clearly were 'leave the lid off the whisky bottle'. Interesting

GaryLake
    Free Member

I remember doing one of these at school, started out as a laugh, and then it all went a bit weird, people got a bit freaked out, noises and stuff and then when a couple of guys who were up to no good startin making trouble in my neighborhood, I got in one little fight and my mom got scared, She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

Load of tosh I reckon 🙂

DudleyPoyson
    Free Member

Possibly more scarier imho

Derek's a ****t, and while I have no belief in the supernatural and all the w@nk, I do beleive that there are some things that can't be explained. Just like showing someone from the 1920's a laptop and the internet, they would think it was 'magic' as they do not have the knowledge\understanding of the concepts behind it. To me space and quantum theory etc is just as mind bending, but at least I sortof understand some of the concepts behind it, so i know it not to be 'magic'

Our species might develop enough to understand all the strange phenomena before we're extinct, although I doubt it.

It's all probably aliens taking the p1ss if you ask me 🙂 Or God's been smoking too much reefer

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Anybody done a ouija board???’ is closed to new replies.